Bjj

G

GouRonin

Is Saunder's BJJ the closest official BJJ school to me? I'm in London Ontario Canada. I know that there was some sort of BJJ tournament in Hamilton a while ago. Is there a school there?

Thanx.

OP
K

Kyle

Rochester is about 4 hours away, so as much as I'd like to say yes ;), there is Joslins in Hamilton, www.joslinskarate.com, about 2 hours away. Jeff is a very good instructor and competitor. If you stop by, tell him I said hi.

- Kyle

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by Kyle
Rochester is about 4 hours away, so as much as I'd like to say yes ;), there is Joslins in Hamilton, www.joslinskarate.com, about 2 hours away. Jeff is a very good instructor and competitor. If you stop by, tell him I said hi.

Hamilton is about one hour from me. Thanx!

OP
I

Icepick

But if you make the longer trip, you can beat me up!!!:boxing:

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by Icepick
But if you make the longer trip, you can beat me up!!!

From what I understand you occupy enough space that I'd have to bring scaffolding to work around you.
:rolleyes:

I have been suffering setbacks with the Judo school. I like the ground work and would be willing to travel a bit to get what I want. I also have other reasons to be in that city which involve a dark and sinister ulterior motive.

The next time I am at the RENEGADE's I'll let you know! Thanx for the help. I also have been looking at at Judo school in Burlington.

OP
I

Icepick

Not anymore Gou -

I'm a little guy now, right KYLE?

Everyone, please look forward to my new book, "How to Make Weight for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu", available in hardcover everywhere finer books are sold.

:barf:

You need to grapple Ron, aka "The Worst Case Scenario".

OP
G

GouRonin

I like to grapple but really it's a last ditch thing for me. I prefer to be able to move. I'd like to think I'd be like a monkey running up a tree.

OP
K

Kyle

Originally posted by Icepick

Not anymore Gou -

I'm a little guy now, right KYLE?

Heck, anybody in class under 200 is little!

Everyone, please look forward to my new book, "How to Make Weight for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu", available in hardcover everywhere finer books are sold.

Table of Contents

1. Introduction
2. Eat less, exercise more
3. Get close
4. The Joy of Pizza (the night before)
5. Welcome to Super-Heavyweight

You need to grapple Ron, aka "The Worst Case Scenario".

Oh, man! :rofl:

- Kyle

OP
I

Icepick

I had NO PIZZA the morning of that tournament. A triumph of will power, but alas, not enough...

Gou -

If you can make it out, I can't recommend the Roy Harris seminar enough. He's great, and that's a lot of training over a couple of days. Not to mention, his Q&A is open to all topics, and he's got a ton of knowledge. Very analytical.