BJJ school in my town

OP
Twin Fist

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
which is why i am learning me some Kajukembo. I figure I will get my man humping fix there, what with the JJ element of Kaju.....:flame:

Dave Leverich

Black Belt
Reaction score
Actually BJJ is a great compliment to TKD. Throw in boxing and you have a pretty complete range. I didn't have any interest in it for ages either, then I tried it, and started seeing joint locks everywhere, and understanding the universal nature of hips, and... ok yeah so I still do TKD (25th year this year), but I also just got my blue two days ago :) (and no, I don't deserve it). But my instructor is a de la Riva BB (Heitor Abrahao) and says not only do I deserve it, but he'd be happy to take me to Brazil with him to get beat down, er visit, the academy in Florinopolis heh.

For the record, I didn't want to do that rolling around with men thing either.

See if they have a Gi class Twin Fist, you'd be surprised. My TKD instructor has 30+ years TKD and wore a white belt this weekend, along with 5 other TKD masters. Each one was grinning ear to ear and having a blast.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
http://www.tpcjiujitsu.com/training.html

Looks like they've got BJJ Basics most weeknights. I am guessing that means gi. Only way to know for sure would be to give them a call. If it's anything like our school, it will focus on fundamentals: escapes, positional drills and basic submissions.

Dave Leverich

Black Belt
Reaction score
http://www.tpcjiujitsu.com/training.html

Looks like they've got BJJ Basics most weeknights. I am guessing that means gi. Only way to know for sure would be to give them a call. If it's anything like our school, it will focus on fundamentals: escapes, positional drills and basic submissions.

It looks like that to me also Steve, the Sub grappling class mentions NO gi, so I'd assume the others are Gi unless they state Nogi also?

Give it a shot TF, it's seriously amazing to start fresh in an art. I don't remember your background beyond TKD, but if you have any Hapkido or Akido etc, you'll start to see all kinds of things (just flip the plane to horizontal usually hehe). I really hope you take the opportunity. :D

Latest Discussions