Biting

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Okay, I have a question. I have been taught that we should NOT bite the opponent, because we can contract AIDS or some other disease. Of course, if your life is seriously in danger anyway, then I suppose it would be worth the risk.

Now, I have not studied a lot of RBSD, and when I saw the promo of the new Paul Vunak video here that Brian R. VanCise posted:

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56366

I started wondering about these "biting" techniques. I have heard that the B.U.D.S. guys are taught to bite the opponent.

Do you teach the students to bite? How ready would you be to bite the opponent if you were attacked with serious malicious intention?

Regards,
Robert

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Okay, I have a question. I have been taught that we should NOT bite the opponent, because we can contract AIDS or some other disease. Of course, if your life is seriously in danger anyway, then I suppose it would be worth the risk.

Now, I have not studied a lot of RBSD, and when I saw the promo of the new Paul Vunak video here that Brian R. VanCise posted:

I started wondering about these "biting" techniques. I have heard that the B.U.D.S. guys are taught to bite the opponent.

Do you teach the students to bite? How ready would you be to bite the opponent if you were attacked with serious malicious intention?

Regards,
Robert

Uovert seriously if they where trying to really hurt me biying trash can leds or anything I could use to end there attempy would be use. IT would look like a WWE anything goes match but for real.

thardey

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
IF I was in a grappling-type situation, and IF I was losing and IF there was a prime target in front of my face, I might bite if I thought it would be worth the distraction. But that's all it would be, a distraction or softening move. I wouldn't try for it, nor would I consider it a "finishing move" of any sort.

I would personally be more likely to try to rip their ears off, or use my hands to cause damage, before my teeth.

A "knuckle sandwich" doesn't work out so well for the one who "eats it".

redfang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I did use a bite in a real fight once. It was in the days of yore, before AIDS was prominent, I had gotten jumped by three guys and had to use a weapon of opportunity (motorcycle helmet w/ strap tied) and at one point teeth. The bite, more than anything, had a great psychological effect. My target was a cheek and when I bit into it, that particular foe lost his desire to continue any further.

Of course, today I have many years of training under my belt and AIDS and other bloodborne illnesses are very prominent; I would probably only resort to a bite under extreme circumstances.

Jai

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have never had to use a bite and I have never taught any students to bite, mostly because of the risk of AIDS and the like. However in a life or death situation I would bite if there was one million percent no other way to get out of whatever was going on.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, When you are fighing for your life? ..and you have a chance to "BITE" ..to escape....DO IT!

If you die or get kill because you could have escape by biting and didn't....how will aids or any other diease harm you? if you are dead or destroyed! or raped!

We teach biting as one means to protect yourself! or would you like to be choke out, or have broken limps and so on!

Biting is a technique....you don't have to teach how or where? ...common sense here! Most of us know how to "bite"

IN all martial art tournaments : Rule of biting is NOT allowed ......WHY?

two reasons: dangers of contacting aids, and other diesases , 2nd breaking skin...like a knife wounds ....Plus in the ring consider unfair technique.....

ONE OF MOST EFECTIVE TECHNILQUES ON STREETS! FOR ESCAPING!

NOT to teach it or use it? WHY? .....dogs are good at this!

The human mouth is just as dangerous with some many germs in them....got tooth paste..mouth wash..or soap?

TO BITE OR NOT TO BITE? .....better to bite first than get bitten..

For those with two year olds....when the child learns this habit of biting other kids.....THERE IS NO CURE......in time they will out grow it.....JUST that you got to be alert and try to stop them ever chance you get!
(14 years of professional child care -the wife side)...

Eating tuff jerky meat create stronger muscles of the mouth or BITING techniques for power!

Aloha ( where we bite coconuts and bananas)

OP
newGuy12

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Haha! Still_Learning, you are too much Sir! Of course, yes, if it comes down to the real fight, then yes, I am of the "dog spirit" then!

meth18au

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Biting is a technique....you don't have to teach how or where? ...common sense here! Most of us know how to "bite"

ONE OF MOST EFECTIVE TECHNILQUES ON STREETS! FOR ESCAPING!

NOT to teach it or use it? WHY? .....dogs are good at this!

TO BITE OR NOT TO BITE? .....better to bite first than get bitten..

:lfao:

You're a funny man Still Learning!!!

"Better to bite first than get bitten"....man I have to quote that in my signature line. Ha ha ha....with your permission of course!

I don't know about one of the most effective techniques though for escaping an attack.?!?! You'd have to really bite hard as well..involves someone else's blood in your mouth too...yucky!!! But still it could be useful. I'm going to train with my Pug now to learn some good biting techniques off him. I'll let you know how my training goes...

LOL

:D

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Biting, spiting yelling, finger in the rectum what ever. In any encounter with someone is trying to hurt you do what you have to do to stay alive.

wesley

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
is it's the only way do it.. it does have a great affect..

i was sparing against one of our blackbelt's daughter (she "cheats" often so it wasn't to much of a suprise), she bit me on the arm (and it wasn't a playful bite...) ... i did NOT want to fight after that!

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score

Regards,
Robert

FINALLY I get a little free time to read a new sci-fi novel, World War Z....... and you have to start a thread on biting!!! Thanks a lot!:goop:

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Biting, spiting yelling, finger in the rectum what ever. In any encounter with someone is trying to hurt you do what you have to do to stay alive.

I hesitate to inquire what effect that last technique of yours has.... I would think it might encourage some of them. If you have used this technique or if your school teaches it..... Please don't tell us!!!!!!!!!!!!

meth18au

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I hesitate to inquire what effect that last technique of yours has.... I would think it might encourage some of them. If you have used this technique or if your school teaches it..... Please don't tell us!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lfao:

The attacker suddenly stops his attack, and he/she is like "oh darling, I didn't know you felt that way!"....I can just picture it now....eeewwww!!!!!

:roflmao:

MarkBarlow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Given the choice between dying right now or biting and possibly contracting AIDs and dying way down the road, I'll opt for the here and now.

When teaching Women's Self Defense classes, I cover the right and wrong ways to bite. Don't use your front teeth, if the opponent drives into you, you end up swallowing your teeth or if they jerk away you may lose a tooth that way. Bite with your side teeth and target ears, noses, lips, fingers, etc.

Several years ago, I was teaching a seminar in Biloxi with a friend of mine. We touched on last ditch techniques (eye gouging, biting, fingers up the nose, etc...) One of the students commented that regardless of the circumstances he couldn't bring himself to bite someone. I shrugged and said that if your life depended on it you might change your mind. He asked if I had ever bitten someone in a fight and I said that I had (long and bloody story). He looked at the other instructor and asked if he had ever bitten someone and Tom said he'd done it once or twice. The student asked what it was like. Tom and I looked at each other and answered in unison, "Tastes like chicken."

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
My argument against the 'finger in the rectum' thing is the same as my main reason not to bite.

HIV is to common to risk it.

:)
If I'm not mistaken, the same risk can entail from a cut that results from hitting someone in the teeth (If he bleeds and I cut my hand, then...). But that's what I was taught in security training in '89, so the info is old and I haven't researched it lately. I may be all wet.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes I teach students to bite. Yes I would if it was the only way to survive

Latest Discussions