Reaction score
It was but bad
But i could not help it.
:cheers:

J

JDenz

Bad bad bad lol.

Made me laugh

Bites and eye gouges are good. My views on biting and eye gouging.
On the feet forget about it. Pro Boxers and martial artists that fight for a living have a hard time striking people in the face so an eye gouge in anything but a clinch is very iffie at best besides being in a clinch. Biting forget about it.
In the clinch here is where eye gouging would be very effective for control. It could be a way to get you back in control in the clinch. Bitting from the clinch would be real iffie I think.
On the ground. Bitting might work all right on the ground once but I don't see it ending the fight. The only way I can see it ending a fight is if you are in a totally dominate position why would you bite someone.

jazkiljok

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by ace

Why is it Every time i hear about
Biting & eye gouging it is
From A Traditional Martial Artist???

Who ether can't Grappel Or hates Grappling???

Im not saying there Bad for the steets!!!!

But it sounds like *****
When this is the top defence.

How often do U practise this!
Also if U can bite him / her
They can bite U.

Eye gouging
Again sounds good for the streets
But if U can Eye Gouge him / her
They have just as much a chance.

Biting
Ok the big one. I practise when i eat!
How many people have U bit???/
For me there tomany people i don't want to taste.

If i had no choice fine in the steets thats fine
Grappling does work in the streets.
It has it's place.

No it is not for mutipal Opponents
But What art is??????????

it's odd that you hear that from traditionalists-- biting isn't part of the curriculum of the majority of traditional arts i know of - now, should you be wise to use it if put in a place where it's a good immediate response. yes (check out "le femme nikita" and "enter the dragon" where its value is humorously shown) .

if i have a bat in my hand when some body jumps me- don't expect me to put it down to show you how good i'm at either punching, kicking, or wrestling.

that's the street.

but it's a fair criticism, however overstated, that you have of people who make excuses for not having grappling skills.

this is the martial arts and it's been a component for a very long time.

in japan you learned both karate and judo/jiu jitsu.

in china it's chin na.

in the USA, it's wrestling etc.

if you don't want to learn grappling that's fine but there's no need to criticize it either.

also, all striking arts have an inherent multiple opponent aspect of training. stand up grappling can be useful as well in a situation of more then one attacker- -just don't think "ring"-- multiple "ring" opponents is another story.

historic note: eye gouging was commonly found in early western 19th century no holds bar wrestling (the real shoot fighting)- these guys were so tough, losing an eye, didn't necessarily mean losing the match.

peace.

:asian:

OP
ace

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Filapino Art of biteing & Evy gouging & pinching
Not woth the price.

He has a lot better tapes.

J

J-kid

Funny you should metion this because. I rember poeple telling me the same thing when we did full contact sparring guess what they usally cant even get close to your eye s because they are dumped on the ground befor they can even say ahh. Royce gracie got alot of this shiit when he came from Brazil claming he could beat anyone with his BJJ . All those guys who said they would do this lost really fast , And learned a lession not to mess with a grappler.

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
.....but you're not allowed to bite or eye gouge in MMA events...how could they say they would use it when it's against the rules?

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

OP
ace

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Did bite Royce in UFC 1
Just before Royce took him down
When Royce did get his back he put him in a choke
& made him pay.

Eye Gougin has never been allowed but
has been done.

Again Gerard Goredo eye gouged
Ukinakai in The Japan opean Vale Tudo
Ukinakai droped to the floor & put him in an ankel lock

I've never said these tactic's would not work
I just feel they are over rated,

Also this is what i hear from alot of old School Martial Artist.
Who feel this is the answer to each
situation.

I train Stand up , Ground Fighting & wepons

I want to have a full arsenal
I don't belive in this or that is the best style.

To me Cross Training is my path
in doin so.

A

Angus

They didn't get their butts kicked because they eye gouged or bit, they got their butts kicked because they weren't as good of a fighter as their opponent. Don't read too much into it.

Aegis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by ace

Also this is what i hear from alot of old School Martial Artist.
Who feel this is the answer to each
situation......

Would you mind clarifying on this a bit? I have yet to meet a martial arts sensei who believed that eye gouging and biting were the answer to any stand up technique. They have their place, and that place is usually on the ground as a last resort. An eye hook may be used to set up something like a ko-uchi-gari, but otherwise an eye gouge while standing is far too risky a move to be taught in any surviving system.

Also remember that a lot of these old school systems would have originally been practised in full armour, which is why more emphasis is put on throwing than striking. In armour, an eye gouge would be more likely to lose you the use of your fingers than to cause any harm to the opponent.

J

J-kid

People who say they will poke eyes or pull hair proble just are afraid of grapplers. First off its really hard to do that to someone experenced in grappleing. And not to mention that wal you are poking them they are breaking your arm or doing somthing worse.:)

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'll pull your hair, bite your jugular, shove my fingers into your brain, fish hook your mouth, tear off your ears..... you name it I will do it, and I grapple. To me there's grappling and then there's life and death. If it's life and death you see an oppurtunity you take it regardless of what it is.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

J

JDenz

Originally posted by Angus

They didn't get their butts kicked because they eye gouged or bit, they got their butts kicked because they weren't as good of a fighter as their opponent. Don't read too much into it.
No they were eyegouged and won the fight

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
A successful eye gouge means you just lost an eyeball.... If it had been a successful eye gouge would they have won the fight?

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

Aegis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Judo-kid

People who say they will poke eyes or pull hair proble just are afraid of grapplers. First off its really hard to do that to someone experenced in grappleing. And not to mention that wal you are poking them they are breaking your arm or doing somthing worse.:)

I'm not afraid of grapplers. I can mot certainly hold my own in a grappling situation, but almost everything I learned in Judo and a style of Jujitsu into competition fades away when I compare it to the stuff I learn in my new jujitsu class. It all becomes much more effective when you start adding in unconventional groundwork, like eye gouges, fish hooks, mastoid turning..... etc

J

J-kid

Not saying that its not a helpful move in a real fight but people. What i meant was people who dont grapple and say if anyone did grapple vs them. That they would do that **** and win easy.

Latest Discussions