Biologists on the Verge of Creating New Form of Life

astrobiologist

Brown Belt
Reaction score
My reply was intended to be tongue in cheek but without tonal inflections to help show that I can see how I might've *ahem* stepped on a few toes ... without realizing or intending to... :asian: My apologies for any offense.
Not all scientists are atheists that I've known for a long time but I know the ones who are aren't trying to prove anything other than all those years of hard-study and work/research is actually taking them somewhere.
You're a smarter person than me and the diploma(s) on your wall will attest to that.

No need for apologies, my freind. I wasn't angry over your earlier statement. When it comes to discussions of science, especially evolutionary biology and astrobiology, I can get a bit sharp in my responses...

mrhnau, I loved your response. I must say, though, I don't think we are that far away from developing a new biochemical pathway (that functions within a closed system, hopefuly even a cell), tweaking an enzyme enough to catalyze a reaction with a new substrate(s) or to provide novel products, or possibly creating a new organelle. It sounds far fetched, but where we were 10 years ago we could never have dreamed of 100 years ago and where we are now would have seemed pretty remote 10 years ago (in other words, human progress in science and technology is, for the most part, on an exponential growth curve).

Latest Discussions