big fight night :)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, this event wasn't anything to do with Cheshire Martial Arts Centre. We have never organised anything like this or had anything to do with any events of this nature

Senior Coach

CMAC

Welcome to MartialTalk.

I believe that DonnaTKD has said that she trains at Cheshire but the fight was at another gym called Musclehose. Are you familiar with this gym? Do you know if they organize events of this nature? As Senior Coach at Cheshire, I'm sure you at least know Donna, right?

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Both these places are in my home town in the UK, and I can second what CMAC has said, Cheshire Martial Arts is a reputable organisation. They keep a very high standard and would not be involved in such a thing.

Re Musclehouse you'll have to do your own research and draw your own conclusions. The YouTube Vice documentary would be a good start. And perhaps end.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If those are the kinda people Donna hangs with, she just got a whole lot more interesting, don't ya think?

BTW As a kid I grew up with that old Yank stereoype about there being basically two kinds of Brits. The elitist, nancy-boy intellectual and the scary-**** hard-man mo-fo. That clip fits right into the second group! :lol2:

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I must be in the first group, cos I'm not in the second. Are they mutually exclusive?

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both these places are in my home town in the UK, and I can second what CMAC has said, Cheshire Martial Arts is a reputable organisation. They keep a very high standard and would not be involved in such a thing.

Re Musclehouse you'll have to do your own research and draw your own conclusions. The YouTube Vice documentary would be a good start. And perhaps end.

Damn, that is the killer blow.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I must be in the first group, cos I'm not in the second. Are they mutually exclusive?

'Course not. Maybe you are like my brother's old college friend from Oxford. A scary-**** hard-man intellectual who spent a good part of his youth in juvy, was always drunk and fighting, and totally brilliant.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
'Course not. Maybe you are like my brother's old college friend from Oxford. A scary-**** hard-man intellectual who spent a good part of his youth in juvy, was always drunk and fighting, and totally brilliant.

Yeah that sounds good from a certain POV. Personally, that is less than impressive.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If those are the kinda people Donna hangs with, she just got a whole lot more interesting, don't ya think?

BTW As a kid I grew up with that old Yank stereoype about there being basically two kinds of Brits. The elitist, nancy-boy intellectual and the scary-**** hard-man mo-fo. That clip fits right into the second group! :lol2:

Oh dear lol. That 'nancy-boy' intellectual is likely the one who is the hard man rather than the so called hard man. Over here, appearances can be very deceptive, saying you are one thing while being another isn't uncommon. :supcool: We've had people posting up in places saying they train with us, other gyms also have this, problem is we don't know them from Adam.

There is also more than one Musclehouse gym in the UK.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Donna did say that she has her own cage. Still reckon this was in a garage where a grudge match took place. To cite certain gyms though is plain wrong. School of hard knocks probably would have been more appropriate.

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
There is also more than one Musclehouse gym in the UK.

Only one in Warrington though (which is where Donna said she trained), which is the one in the docu, where Shaun, the guy in the docu, coaches boxing and Scott Dixon coaches MT.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only one in Warrington though (which is where Donna said she trained), which is the one in the docu, where Shaun, the guy in the docu, coaches boxing and Scott Dixon coaches MT.

That's true that. :boing2:

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, this event wasn't anything to do with Cheshire Martial Arts Centre. We have never organised anything like this or had anything to do with any events of this nature

Senior Coach

CMAC
Thanks for posting.

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope anyone involved in that fight are doing OK and no permanent damage done.

CMAC

White Belt
Reaction score
Transk53 .....I came across this forum after being notified that this thread was mentioning us

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is probable that Donna is just a pseudonym, or at least potentially. Hope she post back, really curious and I am running out of cats :D

CMAC

White Belt
Reaction score
It is probable that Donna is just a pseudonym, or at least potentially. Hope she post back, really curious and I am running out of cats :D

I'm sure it will be a pseudonym but I still think that whoever is posting all this seems to be living in a fantasy world.
There have only been 2 girls fighting out of our gym over the last few years and they are both about 19yrs old, both girls have only ever competed on reputable shows and inter clubs. One of the girls hasnt trained in ages due to college commitments.

I have read lots of her old posts and none of it makes sense.

Strange !!

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Huh. I commented on several occasions where her understanding of Muay Thai seemed rather at odds with my experience. I thought perhaps it was due to having an idiosyncratic coach putting his own spin on the art. I guess it was actually due to her making it all up.

CMAC, I hope you decide to stick around and join the discussions. We're a mostly pretty friendly bunch.

Latest Discussions