Big Brother Technology

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to the next generation in surveillance technology. A Japanese company, Hitachi Kokusai Electric, has unveiled a novel surveillance camera that is able to capture a face and search up to 36 million faces in one second for a similar match in its database.

While the same task would typically require manually sifting through hours upon hours of recordings, the company´s new technology searches algorithmically for a facial match. It enables any organization, from a retail outlet to the government, to monitor and identify pedestrians or customers from a database of faces.

http://news.yahoo.com/goodbye-anonymity-latest-surveillance-tech-search-36-million-201818390.html

Now, I can see how this would be helpful in catching criminals and those on the most wanted list. But, part of me doesn't like the fact that my face will be scanned everywhere I go (eventually it'll be everywhere I'll bet). No, I don't have anything to hide, but with my own anonymity going out the window... well... geez, supposed I don't want to be found for whatever reason, I'm not a law-breaker and I'm not associated with law-breakers.
Should I be afraid?

Latest Discussions