Best kicks for average folks

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hmm..., was teaching 'tee shirt' chokes yesterday to a group self defense class. Had 3 men who all said they believed the ladies could not put them out with a choke. All had tee shirts on. The 3rd decided not to attempt it after seeing the other 2 choked unconscious by a lady using the man's tee shirt. Not a single tee shirt was ripped...stretched a bit but not ripped. But then of course it wasn't you being choked.

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hmm..., was teaching 'tee shirt' chokes yesterday to a group self defense class. Had 3 men who all said they believed the ladies could not put them out with a choke. All had tee shirts on. The 3rd decided not to attempt it after seeing the other 2 choked unconscious by a lady using the man's tee shirt. Not a single tee shirt was ripped...stretched a bit but not ripped. But then of course it wasn't you being choked.

Was this BJJ ??

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
She won’t choke me out as I have free hands that can make it complex
Rear naked , gable or triangle yes , she can choke me out

No way a random person is going to choke me out

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can be decent in striking in 1 yr

Grappling is 2-4 yrs

1896855_10152013952104150_975053564_n.jpg

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You can’t choke me in my T-shirt , the fabric would rip !!!
You can put me in a sloppy rear naked and it will work .
The gable grip choke is very effective as blood or air
The one arm choke is hard to pull of

Generally it is not a cross collar choke which is the one you might be thinking of. But a kind of loop choke?

And yeah I just choked out ten guys this morning with their stringlets isn't very helpful.

So even if you are adamant no gi. That is still a choke worth learning.

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I may freeze uk with a gun at me
I don’t know

I may save the day or just freeze up
I don’t want to know and a knife is just as bad along with a club

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I really hope you never have occasion to see how wrong you are.

I see it’s from the gracies -,then I admit I am wrong
Those guys know every submission ever invented plus 10 variations if they don’t work
Very high IQ family

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
She won’t choke me out as I have free hands that can make it complex
Rear naked , gable or triangle yes , she can choke me out

If you really believe that a women you do not know has no possible way of choking you out, you're lacking a lot of experience.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Said the guy as he fell unconscious, oh yes I've had that before and I've choked quite a few guys out who said I couldn't, I've also made them submit, broke one guy's arm, accidently , when he wouldn't submit to a woman. And I'm not even that good, my friend Rosi is much much better, as is another friend Lisa they both teach men who will wait months to get into their seminars and classes. I know quite a lot of women who can choke and submit people without too much effort.

Very high IQ family

That sounds familiar but as I'm not getting into politics I'll refrain from saying more but it's clear you haven't met many of them, they are very good at what they do, well, it is the family business ( or perhaps you don't know why it's called BJJ), a high IQ has nothing to do with it.

compared to 90 percent of public with little to no training

Many muggers, thugs etc have no training in martial arts but will take you out every time. Relying on the fact you 'have training' but without practice is a dangerous road to take. Krav Maga can be great, depends on who is teaching, many places are rip offs these days but you still need the constant repetition of techniques to make them instinctive and can use them immediately if you are attacked.

Krav is a perfect starter system !!!

For whom and for what? It's an ill-educated statement to make as it means nothing,

Latest Discussions