Ben Affleck is...the Batman.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[h=1]Ben Affleck will play Batman in new movie[/h]

Ben Affleck will don Batman's cape and cowl, and fans aren't too thrilled by the news.

Warner Bros. announced Thursday that the 41-year-old actor-director will star as a new incarnation of the Dark Knight in a film bringing Batman and Superman together.

This is insane! Aaaaaargh! I demand someone else! Adam West, even!

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know...he does a good non-expressive, quietly depressive character type almost okay...of course that is the exact opposite of what you need for batman but who is going to notice anyway...Superman vs. Batman will just be one of those quirky Art House films anyway...

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd love Batman with a Boston accent :D

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Ben Affleck will play Batman in new movie

This is insane! Aaaaaargh! I demand someone else! Adam West, even!

Iimagine if what the Internet would have been like when Michael Keaton was cast as Batman?

Apropos of that, the great Jack Nicholson gave Keaton (whatever happened to him?) some excellent advice on playing Batman: "Just let the wardrobe do all the work."

The question really isn't whether Affleck will make a believable Batman-it's whether he can play Bruce Wayne-and he should be able to do it at least as well as (chortle!) George Clooney......:lfao:

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I hope he teams up with Bluntman and Chronic in the next movie, Chasing Ivy.

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am just not seeing it. It will be a major reinvention of the last incarnation played by Bale regardless. I suppose it could work but, it just doesn't peek my interest.

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[h=1]Breaking Bad's Bryan Cranston 'to play Lex Luthor in Man Of Steel sequel' [/h]
Now this I am fine with! But:

According to Comic Book News Affleck has signed a 13-appearance deal with Warner Brothers for Batman.

DC is reportedly planning to feature all of their main characters "liberally" in all of their movies to portray a more connected world than what Marvel Studios has done so far, Comic Book News reports.

They are also allegedly planning to bring Matt Damon into the Justice League, possibly as Aquaman or Martian Manhunter.

I can see Damon as Aquaman, but him and Affleck in the same superhero movie would make it hard for me to stay within the film's world.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Breaking Bad's Bryan Cranston 'to play Lex Luthor in Man Of Steel sequel'

Now this I am fine with! But:

I can see Damon as Aquaman, but him and Affleck in the same superhero movie would make it hard for me to stay within the film's world.
I don't know about any of this. I wasn't completely sold on that Man of Steel, although I'm glad it was successful enough to warrant future movies. I'm still hoping that the Daredevil gets a reboot in the new Spiderman universe, but Affleck pretty much killed my favorite superhero ever.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Why Steve? I do not get what most people are on about when they diss the Daredevil movie ... I loved it. Great music, tragic love story, good action sequences ... what's up with people?

[video=youtube_share;K-Ax1XnkcY4]http://youtu.be/K-Ax1XnkcY4[/video]

Oh and for the record, I really, really, should not listen to that song ...

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Iimagine if what the Internet would have been like when Michael Keaton was cast as Batman?
Oh that would have been AWESOME...
I saw that Batman opening night at the 101 Drive In in Ventura with my brother, the double feature was...
MR MOM.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I will see it , of course, but I won't be happy about it!

They could cast a 400 pound gorilla as batman and a certain number of people would see it.
The same is true of Superman and Wolverine.
Comic book geeks are something else.
Although, they could cast (Forgive me for even suggesting this) Leonardo DiCaprio as Darth Vader and I'd go to the movie, or Joseph Gordon Levitt as Spock...
But, seriously, you comic book geeks are weird

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Why Steve? I do not get what most people are on about when they diss the Daredevil movie ... I loved it. Great music, tragic love story, good action sequences ... what's up with people?

[video=youtube_share;K-Ax1XnkcY4]http://youtu.be/K-Ax1XnkcY4[/video]

Oh and for the record, I really, really, should not listen to that song ...
It wasn't a complete failure, but the cheesy dialogue and horrible fight choreography was painful to watch. The fight scene in the park was embarrassing to watch.

The villains were the only good part of that movie.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
But a gritty, dark daredevil movie could be awesome. It just wasn't well executed.

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think the rights recently went back to Marvel so maybe we'll see a good Daredevil.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This fight scene, Steve? [video=youtube_share;lznwPrj9tJs]http://youtu.be/lznwPrj9tJs[/video] I put it in a foreign language so that you can see just how wrong you are :p.

Face the facts ... it's got Jennifer Garner in it ... so I am NEVER going to agree with you :kamiza rei:.

Even leaving that aside (which I am not :D), I love the nod to the wacky stunt fights of the old kung fu movies.