Belt Promotions too Fast?

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i went to mcdojo about maybe 5/6months ago and they tested every 3/4 months regardless of what was going on. the school itself was aimed at kids and most of the black belts there were still in junior or early high school wtf ????? thinking that the fact the parents were paying vast sums had a fair bit to do with it............

sad really........... compare this with the "you'll fight when we say you're ready" attitude that you find in muay thai or mma schools

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
i went to mcdojo about maybe 5/6months ago and they tested every 3/4 months regardless of what was going on. the school itself was aimed at kids and most of the black belts there were still in junior or early high school wtf ????? thinking that the fact the parents were paying vast sums had a fair bit to do with it............

sad really........... compare this with the "you'll fight when we say you're ready" attitude that you find in muay thai or mma schools

I've seen places where lots of the black belts were ten years old or younger. In a nearby town there was even this story in the paper about a six year old boy who got a black belt. That is when you know you've got McDojos.

Anyway, at my dojo they hold tests every 3 or 4 months and its up to the student if he or she wants to sign up and take the test. That does not mean they will pass, however, and as a matter of fact its not uncommon for students to fail.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Back to the OP.
just wondering if the poster has made any decision on what he will do

Latest Discussions