Belt Preferance

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Richard Branson,

i met him when he was selling records out of a back street shop in manchester
"...there were times when they struggled to pool together enough money for food, which Richard says was a great motivator to follow up on calls to potential advertisers." From this site.

That's an external motivation.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
"...there were times when they struggled to pool together enough money for food, which Richard says was a great motivator to follow up on calls to potential advertisers." From this site.

That's an external motivation.

no being hungry is definitely an internal motivator,

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no being hungry is definitely an internal motivator,
Okay, not exactly the same, but I can accept that distinction- then try this quote, from the same article: "I always wanted to go out there and prove myself"

Tarrycat

Green Belt
Reaction score
I just want to know people's opinions on black belts. Do you like to keep your same black belt, or get a new one when you test and why?

I don't worry about belts much. It's never meant anything to me. What means a lot to me is that I get to grow & to learn. I would wear a white belt, even if I had the training & the knowledge of a black belt.

As long as I know, & my Sensei knows that I'm growing & improving, that's all that matters to me.

Others like to measure their performance by wearing belts; to each his own, really.

My Sensei doesn't believe in an easy way to gain a belt. He will only grade you when he feels you're ready. Otherwise, he won't.

Latest Discussions