Belator 179

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
How am I worming my way out of something I just stood behind in my previous post?

Again, if you are offended(which you patently are) that's you bro. I don't see any reason to tiptoe around you, or anyone.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol you guys are cliquey. That's fine. You guys have opinions, so do I.

Sweetie, this 'guy' isn't a guy and she doesn't agree with anyone unless she does actually agree with them. So, pal, I'm afraid you are wrong.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
How am I worming my way out of something I just stood behind in my previous post?

Again, if you are offended(which you patently are) that's you bro. I don't see any reason to tiptoe around you, or anyone.
Why would I be offended you haven't said it about me, I just find it incredibly arrogant a guy calling a professional fighter who's at the top of their division and making much more money then you'll ever make a bum.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why would I be offended you haven't said it about me, I just find it incredibly arrogant a guy calling a professional fighter who's at the top of their division and making much more money then you'll ever make a bum.
Ok, you aren't offended at all. Feel better?

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lol you guys are cliquey. That's fine. You guys have opinions, so do I.

So far I have said - UFC is where the money is and thus, where the talent is. It works like that in all pro sports.

That's just how it is folks. Dislike away.
Rory's highest payday in the UFC was $59,000 plus a $50,000 bonus for fight of the night vs Lawler. With Bellator he received $400,000; a sizable increase in pay over the UFC.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Rory's highest payday in the UFC was $59,000 plus a $50,000 bonus for fight of the night vs Lawler. With Bellator he received $400,000; a sizable increase in pay over the UFC.
Plus he would've had his sponsors to which he said beforehand he could've had way more of but chose to only use a few

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Every rule has exceptions. I am curious as to your source though. Is that even a real number?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every rule has exceptions. I am curious as to your source though. Is that even a real number?

Do you mean is that the true amount he was paid or is 400,000 a real number? :rolleyes:

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm not going to dignify that question with an answer.

My whole point that Rory is a league above those guys, it adds up that they would dip into the savings to get him paid. I'm sure Coker wants to see bellator built into a true competitor to UFC in the market shares. Maybe one day.

Just not today.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score

My whole point that Rory is a league above those guys, it adds up that they would dip into the savings to get him paid. I'm sure Coker wants to see bellator built into a true competitor to UFC in the market shares. Maybe one day.

Just not today.
Why does it need to compete with the ufc. There's plenty of space for both organisations. It's not like fans will watch 1 but not the other most mma fans will watch both. I actually watch more bellator than ufc these days and they always put on good events. How do you know he's leagues above, he's had one fight there. Look at Ben Henderson everyone said he'd come in and dominate but he's lost 2 out of 3 of his fights there.

All mma is good the ufc isn't the be all and end all of mma dana white would like you to think it is. It's about the quality of fights not the name on the poster. I've been to amateur mma shows that are much more exciting than a lot of ufc cards even if I don't recognise the names of the fighters.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ah the miffed reply, laugh, it doesn't hurt.

Most people I know go to watch local shows or our local big ones, if the UFC comes here it's horrendously expensive cheapest tickets are £75, whereas local shows charge £25-35 and you don't always get better fight on the UFC. As Headhunter said, all MMA is good, grassroot sports usually are.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Henderson got cut from UFC. Dude was champ when the division was weak, and not for long.

Anyway, you still don't get it, and I've tired of trying to explain it to you. If you want to believe bellator has equal amounts of pay and tallent as UFC and do a comparable amount of sales to be able to afford that, you go right ahead.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah the miffed reply, laugh, it doesn't hurt.

Most people I know go to watch local shows or our local big ones, if the UFC comes here it's horrendously expensive cheapest tickets are £75, whereas local shows charge £25-35 and you don't always get better fight on the UFC. As Headhunter said, all MMA is good, grassroot sports usually are.
I agree. I agree 100% I love small events like that. Any combat really and I'm watching.

That's never been my contention though.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's never been my contention though.

If it's not you've been wasting your time arguing for the UFC, seems somewhat hypocritical to say you love small events etc and then pan Bellator which isn't that small.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Plus he would've had his sponsors to which he said beforehand he could've had way more of but chose to only use a few
Deliberately left out sponsor money because the discussion was on the two organization's pay.

With sponsors, many fighters make a lot more.
Have 4 area UFC fighters who come by a couple times during their fight preps to spar and to get some training time with us who's first fights with the UFC made the amazing amount of $4000.00 per fight for their first couple of fights. Along with sponsor pay of $2500.00 they made $6500.00.
We've got fighters making that and more with their sponsors in much smaller no name promotions. I've a couple of fighters fighting with a lower level promotion owned by the UFC that make more. It is the potential to make more "if" they can make it to the upper levels "and" to be able to advertise being a UFC Vet that people go UFC. Lot of Bellator fighters make more money because of the ability to have sponsorship money.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Henderson got cut from UFC. Dude was champ when the division was weak, and not for long.

Anyway, you still don't get it, and I've tired of trying to explain it to you. If you want to believe bellator has equal amounts of pay and tallent as UFC and do a comparable amount of sales to be able to afford that, you go right ahead.
Um what? He beat frankie Edgar twice who beat bj penn 3 times and is a top contender for the featherweight title, he destroyed Nate diaz a guy who the current lightweight champion struggled against and lost to, he beat Gilbert Melendez a former strike force champion and was on a 2 fight winning streak when he left. He wasn't cut.

So you're saying ufc is so much better and then saying about how weak there lightweight division is...double standards much....and again showing how disrespectful you are towards professional athletes.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
If it's not you've been wasting your time arguing for the UFC, seems somewhat hypocritical to say you love small events etc and then pan Bellator which isn't that small.
I wasn't even panning bellator. I could also say the talent level, pay scale and general marketability of any non ufc org is not on the same level as UFC.

They were the first, are the biggest, the most well known, the best distributed, do the most sales, and are the only one in the mainstream eye.

From a sporting perspective, they are the big leagues.

Latest Discussions