Beladiri Silat Combatives

bios69

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm struggling on ebay for a 4 dvd series on Beladiri Silat by GURU ERROL DEPPE.
Now the price has turned in a very expensive, more then 48/50 us dollars per tape and they are 4. (expensive even with my strong euros that helps).
I found very little in the net about Guru Deppe and his silat.
Seems to me he is involved in the JKD Inosanto Branch.
Does anybody knows is expertise and can suggest me if it is worth my money???
I ordered a book of him about Beladire history burt I have not got it yet.
Thanks for help..but fast, please.
Sergio

ChingChuan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I don't know the man, but I'd say that it's at least a little bit curious that he calls his art 'beladiri silat'. Bela diri means 'self defence' and it's one of the aspects of Pencak Silat (seni (art), bela diri (self defence), olah raga (sport) and, to some, mental-spiritual).

So, it's no real style (or I've never heard from it). Why someone would call his art 'self-defence silat' I don't know...

Barimacan

White Belt
Reaction score
In my opinion you should check out of of Guru De Bordes

http://www.de-bordesfoundation.org/products_contact.htm

He teaches Harimau Minangkabau. It is one of my favorite types of Silat. forewarning though, it takes quite a bit of leg strength. His material is worth every penny, and if you get a chance to see him in a seminar its all the better. Hes is an intense guy and his material is battle tested.

David Weatherly

Black Belt
Reaction score
In my opinion you should check out of of Guru De Bordes

http://www.de-bordesfoundation.org/products_contact.htm

He teaches Harimau Minangkabau. It is one of my favorite types of Silat. forewarning though, it takes quite a bit of leg strength. His material is worth every penny, and if you get a chance to see him in a seminar its all the better. Hes is an intense guy and his material is battle tested.

Chris, Do you have a current link for him? This one is dead and I'm interested in seeing some of his material.

Thanks,
David

OP
bios69

bios69

White Belt
Reaction score
just an update after some time;
I managed to buy 2 of the 3 videos mentioned but I didn' t like any. It did not seem anything so special.
I also watched the old De Bordes Crabbe "Secrets of harimau" and I think it was good but understandibly short and concise.
I really like the french series about various style of silat here http://www.saudara-kaum.fr/
I managed to buy one of the 3 harimau de Bordes series "Tigers of Silat" but I will only get the volume 1 (basic) the other two were too expensive, well over 55 US dollar + shipping....
I really liked Guru Eric Kruk of Harimau Pasaman (3 vids).
I also found others I will exchange opinion with somebody interested.
ciao

Latest Discussions