Being in peak condition.

• Thread starter Faithful Student
  • Start date
F

Faithful Student

I'm new to these boards and to MA. I have been going to class about eight times so far, two times a week. Irrelevant but anyways, I am twelve years old, 5'2, 140 lbs. I want to lose about 30 pounds. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a way to lose weight efficiently, and a good diet for me to have. I was also wondering if any of you take martial arts in Washington. Any help much appreciated :)

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Faithful Student said:
I'm new to these boards and to MA. I have been going to class about eight times so far, two times a week. Irrelevant but anyways, I am twelve years old, 5'2, 140 lbs. I want to lose about 30 pounds. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a way to lose weight efficiently, and a good diet for me to have. I was also wondering if any of you take martial arts in Washington. Any help much appreciated :)

First off, welcome to the forum! I'm sure that you'll enjoy it here, as there are many very good people here, with a wide range of experience. As for your question. A good start would be to watch what you're eating. As tempting as it is to go for that slice of cake, fruit is a much better choice. I'm not saying to stop eating fast food, although thats the best thing to do, but treating yourself in moderation is fine. You could also start off my exercising at home. Sit ups and puch ups would be a good start. Also doing some cardio such as running/jogging, walking, or riding a bike are a few good ways.

Good luck!

Mike

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to the boards Faithful Student~!
You are at the great age of Growth.. so the best 'diet' for you would be eating healthy and getting good rest and exercise as Mr. Mike stated.
Now isn't the time for a drastic weight loss diet as your body is developing and growing rapidly. If you're a soda drinker.. cut back on it, and on high fat foods and empty calorie treats. If you get a craving for sugary stuff ( and who doesn't :D) reach for a box of cereal such as Honeycomb.. you can indulge in something sweet and crunchy. Learn to read labels on prepackaged foods. Fat content, calories and serving size as well as the nutritional value.
Keep active is the key~! Walk, ride your bike, practice your training, and as you eat well and get your body moving. You will find you're feeling and looking great :)
Good luck ~!

Tess

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Tess has the right approach. Avoid eating junk, train hard, and drink lots of water. No drastic diets at your age. If you use that approach, you will "grow into your weight."

(I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV....no actually, I AM a doctor. Tess is right)

Latest Discussions