Being Fit

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
BTW... and this is gonna sound SOOOO bad... but I mean it in a serious way...

what do you all think of sex as excercise? Is it, or isnt it, a good cardio activity?

Studies by sexologists show that a good 20 to 30 minute romp will burn between 125 and 150 calories. This is the equivolent of one beer.

Seattletcj

Green Belt
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
I'm gonna say "bah" to that as well, because it implies that 24 hours a day should be spent working out. At some point I would say enough is enough.

It does not imply that at all. re-read the post please.

seattletcj said:
The truth is, it does not really take that much time to do some simple conditioning exercises. And you dont even have to go to the gym. You just need to be motivated to do it, and fit it in to your day a few times a week. The motivation usually comes from education/understanding.

I have spent alot (too much) of time here TALKING about martial arts and conditioning, when I could have been DOING them. Here is that time I was just talking about. In the time I spent typing and straining my neck, I could have been doing some exercises.

Less then an hour a day can improve fitness levels. It sounds like you do more then that already, so obviously the comment does not apply to you Technopunk.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
Studies by sexologists show that a good 20 to 30 minute romp will burn between 125 and 150 calories. This is the equivolent of one beer.
So if I have sex a dozen times a night, I should be all set. Geez, I'm gonna have forearms like Popeye...

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Seattletcj said:
It does not imply that at all. re-read the post please.

I dunno, The comment read to me like "the time you spend online should be spent working out"

Seattletcj

Green Belt
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
I dunno, The comment read to me like "the time you spend online should be spent working out"

The time someone spends online could be spent working out. Again, not you specifically.

seattletcj said:
It just boils down to what your priorities are, how much you wish to improve yourself, and how much you are willing to invest in that improvement.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:

"Honey! I got a new way for me to help you to lose some weight!!!!"

Latest Discussions