Beautiful

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
nice kick. there's a similar video from the 2004 olympic tae kwon do where a little korean guy just mows down this huge competitor from turkey or someplace like that.

Laborn

Blue Belt
Reaction score
masterfinger said:
I guess in TKD they don't teach ya to keep your hands up :rolleyes:

In tkd that guy sucks. Guys with experience wouldn't have been there to get hit, hence dont need to have your hands up.

Fluffy

Black Belt
Reaction score
Laborn said:
In tkd that guy sucks. Guys with experience wouldn't have been there to get hit, hence dont need to have your hands up.

Goodness..........that was negative. I have 21 years experience and I keep my hands up at all times.

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
lol i think thats like the 5th link to it on the board but cool none the less

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Man the guy did'nt have time to get his hands up

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It was a nice kick... a little too much power for the target, unless a KO was what he was after - but as far as his opponent - anyone who fights with his hands down like that deserves to get kicked. I've been in TKD for 19 years, and no one I know keeps their hands down like that - not even the white belts - because they've all been popped in the head (lightly) enough times to know it's a bad idea to fight like that.

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
My understanding is that some people will fight with their hands low to low them to use their hands/arms as a counterbalance for some types of kicking. The thinking is that they think they will be able to get their hands up to block in time if needed

I fight with my hands up because I think that's a pretty risky tradeoff...

Latest Discussions