Be not like water....

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Water always finds it's level, yet water never reaches great heights. Be not like water, be like the wind. Wind reaches great heights and can shape water and erode stone. - me

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The law of resistance in nature is ultimately change for growth.
The earth will overcome the water...
The Water will overcome the fire...
The Fire will overcome the Metal...
The Metal will overcome the wood...
The wood will overcome the earth...
In the lessons of nature there is wisdom for the fighter. - Stephen K Hayes, Wisdom from the Ninja Village of Cold Moon

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The law of resistance in nature is ultimately change for growth.
The earth will overcome the water...
The Water will overcome the fire...
The Fire will overcome the Metal...
The Metal will overcome the wood...
The wood will overcome the earth...
In the lessons of nature there is wisdom for the fighter. - Stephen K Hayes, Wisdom from the Ninja Village of Cold Moon

Stole it from China :D

Wood creates fire
Fire creates earth
Earth creates Metal
Metal Creates Water
Water Creates Wood

Wood destroys earth
Earth Destroys Water
Water Destroys Fire
Fire Destroys Metal
Metal Destroys Wood

Skippy

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Life, as we know it is like the seasons' At birth we enter the Spring as it's full of growth. As we peak & are at the height of our powers' we enter the warmth of Summer. As we age & life humbles us we enter the quiet time, the Fall. A time to reflect & ponder it all. At the moment of Death we enter Winter the deep endless sleep without the ability to dream. No God or Devil. No Heaven nor Hell. Nothing but the freedom of the empty space & being nothing. Feeling nothing & through it all the seasons' come & go. The Sun comes up, the Sun goes down & the stars stand as eternal monuments to every life, every being that pondered such thoughts.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Be like water, be like wind, fight like a tiger, kick like a mule ... whatever happened to being human? After all, we are not too shabby, dominant species with no natural weapons.

Skippy

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Be like water, be like wind, fight like a tiger, kick like a mule ... whatever happened to being human? After all, we are not too shabby, dominant species with no natural weapons.

Yes I agree we are not too shabby but you have to admit we as a species are pretty destructive.:ultracool

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
oh what the heck the actual quote... and to be honest I would rather be water than wind... for SOOOO many reasons :D

Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend. --- Bruce Lee

From the Wind and the Lion

It is the wind that passes but the sea remains.

you are like the Wind and I like the Lion. You form the Tempest. The sand stings my eyes and the Ground is parched. I roar in defiance but you do not hear. But between us there is a difference. I, like the lion, must remain in my place. While you like the wind will never know yours. - Mulay Hamid El Raisuli, Lord of the Riff, Sultan to the Berbers, Last of the Barbary Pirates.

Latest Discussions