Be Honest

J

JDenz

Originally posted by Marginal
Hard to keep up the illusion when you apply a figure 4 to your friend and nothing happens. Guy's writhing in agony onscreen, friend's just getting bored. ;)

You must not do it right because figure fours hurt lol.

Stuff like sailing through gimicked tables etc tough, that just has to suck on some physical level no matter how carefully planned.

Most of the stuff they do is not gimicked. Ask Mick Foly how gimicked the stunts are.

J

JDenz

sorry the middle line in the quote is mine I am not sure how to quote something and write under it half way.

OP
ace

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hard to keep up the illusion when you apply a figure 4 to your friend and nothing happens.

The Figure 4 is a Kneelock set.

The Bent Leg goes Over The Straight one
U The Place Your Leg over The Top
Sit Back & push your Leg to The Floor
& Your Hips to the Sky

Trust Me Your Partner Will feel it.

Or U can Just go for Straight Knee Locks:p ,Heel Hooks , Achilles Locks:D & Calf Crushes.

M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by Cliarlaoch
Yeah, I guess I left myself open for that one, but c'mon, you wouldn't steal from an honest, hard-working, starving young university kid would ya? No, wait, put that back, mister!!! Not the TV, dude! My parents paid good money for-- I mean, I worked hard for--

Bah, forget it, just take the money and run.

I'm British so you better believe I would :p

C

Cliarlaoch

Originally posted by Master of Blades
I'm British so you better believe I would :p

No comment...
:shrug:

Well, maybe one...

Nah, I'm Canadian, I don't need to say anything about that. Then again, we have a word for people that take money and run off with it here: the government.

Or is that the same everywhere else, too? Grrrrrr... :soapbox:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cliarlaoch
... Then again, we have a word for people that take money and run off with it here: the government.

Or is that the same everywhere else, too? Grrrrrr... :soapbox:

Actually I thought it was an ex-wife. Go figure.:confused:

M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by jfarnsworth

Now you see that why I plan on marrying rich :D

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by ace

The Figure 4 is a Kneelock set.

The Bent Leg goes Over The Straight one
U The Place Your Leg over The Top
Sit Back & push your Leg to The Floor
& Your Hips to the Sky

Trust Me Your Partner Will feel it.

Yeah, I know that now, but keep in mind, my only visual guide at the time was Ted DiBiase. Altering the lock was capable of inflicting pain, but doing it just like the lock as Ted did it on WWF Superstars nets you jack squat. ;)

JDenz: As for the gimmicked tables, I'm just talking about the way they remove the bracing underneath the tables that they plan to drive folks through. I don't doubt it's still painful, but a table that gives is still kinder than a table that won't. That says nothing about their methods of taking chair shots, blading etc. Some of the stuff guys like Foley or Tommy Dreamer have done is amazing in the sense that they're still alive to talk about it. You don't end up with bulging discs in your back etc by doing stuff that's especially safe.

I've always respected what they do, but some of the stuff just clearly doesn't work that well if there's not a lot of cooperation and prematch planning. Just a tombstone piledriver's enough to kill/paralyize a person if it's done wrong. (Just ask Austin) If they're up and about 10 seconds later... It's kinda a clue that there's a trick in there somewhere.

M

Master of Blades

Yeah, I know that now, but keep in mind, my only visual guide at the time was Ted DiBiase. Altering the lock was capable of inflicting pain, but doing it just like the lock as Ted did it on WWF Superstars nets you jack squat. ;)

JDenz: As for the gimmicked tables, I'm just talking about the way they remove the bracing underneath the tables that they plan to drive folks through. I don't doubt it's still painful, but a table that gives is still kinder than a table that won't. That says nothing about their methods of taking chair shots, blading etc. Some of the stuff guys like Foley or Tommy Dreamer have done is amazing in the sense that they're still alive to talk about it. You don't end up with bulging discs in your back etc by doing stuff that's especially safe.

I've always respected what they do, but some of the stuff just clearly doesn't work that well if there's not a lot of cooperation and prematch planning. Just a tombstone piledriver's enough to kill/paralyize a person if it's done wrong. (Just ask Austin) If they're up and about 10 seconds later... It's kinda a clue that there's a trick in there somewhere.

Thats the great thing about wrestling though......The reason all the hardcore fans never believed it was fake was because they were so involved in what there role models where doing that they missed the obviouse :shrug: I guess anyway....I didnt start watching it till after it was emerged that it was fake though. :D

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah. Personally I got burnt out on wrestling for a while because the storylines started being too insulting. Every time someone wanted to go after a championship belt, they automatically had to turn heel if a face held the belt. After seeing the crowd boo a guy then cheer for him the next week a few times too many, I just stopped watching.

Started watching again around when Nation of Domination etc was petering out.

C

Cliarlaoch

Originally posted by jfarnsworth

Wouldn't know, I ain't there yet!

To Marginal: Yeah, I started watching seriously about then, too... although, I was still a fan of the WCW at the time... loved the nWo angle until the Sting-Hogan match at Starrcade... then it all went to pot.