Battle of Buffalo

BruceCalkins

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hey All:

I am hoping to get to meet any and all martial artist from this forum at Battle of Buffalo. May 28th at McKinley HS. 1500 Elmwood Ave. Buffalo NY. It should be a blast. I am taking 8 of my students for their second time in the ring. Last time at Patricko's event in Niagara Falls we did great and everyone came home with awards. Ranging from 2nd place. :partyon:

I would enjoy meeting new Martial Arts friends in the area.

The Door price to compete is $50.00 but just to get in a view is only $10. It should be a great event.

Hope to See You All There

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I have to admire your stones :D

If I lived anywhere near I would come!

-David

OP
BruceCalkins

BruceCalkins

Blue Belt
Reaction score
This isn't a Challange so I would like it if you would not make it sound that way.

I am just a Fellow Martial Artist always interested in meeting new people and New Artist. This si open to the Public and I think going to be a lot of fun. Some of my friends in the arts , Sensei Hutch of Buffalo and Chong Kwan Jang Nim Carlos Butler of Niagara Falls will be there. I would love to meet new people.

Akashiro Tamaya

Green Belt
Reaction score
SokeCalkins said:
This isn't a Challange so I would like it if you would not make it sound that way.

I am just a Fellow Martial Artist always interested in meeting new people and New Artist. This si open to the Public and I think going to be a lot of fun. Some of my friends in the arts , Sensei Hutch of Buffalo and Chong Kwan Jang Nim Carlos Butler of Niagara Falls will be there. I would love to meet new people.

Does this event have a website Bruce ? Who is sanctioning this tournament ? And also can you tell me more about these gentlemen Sensei Hutch of Buffalo and Chong Kwan Jang Nim Carlos Butler ?

OP
BruceCalkins

BruceCalkins

Blue Belt
Reaction score
No Web that I have found... I was invited after our students did well at Paticko's 22nd Annual Tournament in Niagara Falls in March.

The event is sponcered by WSKF and IFMA and is listed as "Tour Canada A Rated"

Sensei Dennis "Hutch" Hutchins has studied numerous martial arts styles and forms for 29 years. Hutch's background includes Muay Tai, Seven Star Preying Mantis, Isshin-Ryu Karate, Tae Kwon Do, and Shotokan Karate. Hutch currently teaches Shichi Tora Do (Seven Tiger Way), which emphasizes close quarter combat skills, speed, and economy of motion along with the ever important development of Mind, Body, and Spirit.
Hutch's school is the Seven Tiger Way Cheektowaga, N.Y.

As for Mr. Butler. I had the honor of meeting him for the first time at Patricko's Event in March. He is a Master Instructor in Tang-So-Do in Niagara Falls.

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have no idea why I keep checking in on this thread to see what people write. Its like a bug to the light, ZAP (ouch I didn't like that) hey look over there another light.

Aloha

Rick

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
SokeCalkins said:
No Web that I have found... I was invited after our students did well at Paticko's 22nd Annual Tournament in Niagara Falls in March.

The event is sponcered by WSKF and IFMA and is listed as "Tour Canada A Rated"

Sensei Dennis "Hutch" Hutchins has studied numerous martial arts styles and forms for 29 years. Hutch's background includes Muay Tai, Seven Star Preying Mantis, Isshin-Ryu Karate, Tae Kwon Do, and Shotokan Karate. Hutch currently teaches Shichi Tora Do (Seven Tiger Way), which emphasizes close quarter combat skills, speed, and economy of motion along with the ever important development of Mind, Body, and Spirit.
Hutch's school is the Seven Tiger Way Cheektowaga, N.Y.
Man, do you know anyone that hasn't graduated from the the "studied/mastered so many systems I had to start my own school" school?

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
SokeCalkins said:

I didn't mean it that way at all. It's just the kind of event I would like to go to.

Latest Discussions