Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Only time I've been put to sleep in training is from a baseball bat choke (off of a baited guard pass). I didn't realize the danger I was in as I passed to half guard and was asleep before I could tap... less than 2 seconds, I bet. I was out like a light.

Sub Zero

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Stehace1636957 said:
Only time I've been put to sleep in training is from a baseball bat choke (off of a baited guard pass). I didn't realize the danger I was in as I passed to half guard and was asleep before I could tap... less than 2 seconds, I bet. I was out like a light.
I almost choked out a training partner. I took his back from the turtle landing in the cross collar choke. I apply pressure slowly and steadiy holding it for several seconds. My sparring partner not realizing the danger tries to tough it out until our instructor tells me "I've got it let him go"(simultaneouslly my partner taps when our teacher said it).

As soon as I let go he struggles, trying to get to his feet, stumbling to get off the mat then collapses on the ground, holding his head in apparent agony.

I felt bad about it so showed him some tips on back mount defense and eacapes. After that we became pretty cool and would talk before and after class LOL.

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess he needs to re-evaluate the baseball bat being the equalizer.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Yeah, those chokes are notorious for putting you into dreamland before you realize what's happening to you. The no-gi version is a lot worse though, because you know what's happening, and there's very little you can do to stop it.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Time to reevaluate his swing. Some how running at a much larger opponent and letting him see your intention form 30 feet away dose not seem the best way to use a bat. Nice work by the big guy

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time to reevaluate his swing. Some how running at a much larger opponent and letting him see your intention form 30 feet away dose not seem the best way to use a bat. Nice work by the big guy

I can only speculate that when he normally does it people have run off in the past.

I couldn't quite hear, what was it about?

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
In the spirit of the thread:

A baseball bat is not a magic wand, it will not actually fight for you.