Bas Rutten - BAS

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you think of this piece of equipment? Seems ridiculously priced and I don’t know what you’re gaining over a heavy bag?

Body Action System by MMA legend Bas Rutten

I think what you're gaining over a stick shaped heavy bag is targets. Arms, legs, etc. That's always been a weakness in a conventional bag.
But for that price? No thanks.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the system, with head, arms and legs, was in the $250-$300 range, I'd likely be interested. But at this price point, I'll wait till I see one on Craigslist. :)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you think of this piece of equipment? Seems ridiculously priced and I don’t know what you’re gaining over a heavy bag?

Body Action System by MMA legend Bas Rutten
It serves a different function, IMO. As DD says, it gives actual targets, and different angles to work around. If I had a school with room for one, I might even be willing to pay that price, but not for personal use.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'd like to see how durable that sucker is. After it's on the market for a few years, we'll see.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd like to see how durable that sucker is. After it's on the market for a few years, we'll see.

I wouldn't expect any problems. The targets look to be similar in construction to the ones we use, and those last a lot of years. The spring arms could be an issue, but I wouldn't think it would be difficult to engineer them to last. Especially at that price point...

Kababayan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Dammit! Why did you have to show me this? I already have three heavy bags and am always interested in having more (no joke). Time to start saving.

Latest Discussions