Barr: One journalist?s ?tough decision?

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
11-03-2008 12:57 PM
Newsday writer Mike Koehler is taking a look at Bob Barr:

I&#8217;m registered Republican, but I&#8217;m actually looking at voting for the Libertarian Party. The presidential candidate, Bob Barr, is a former congressman and Wayne Allyn Root, the vice presidential candidate, is a successful author and entrepreneur.

The Libertarian Party champions some issues that appeal to me. For example, it advocates for lower taxes, which would be a blessing considering how much the state government overtaxes me, and for smaller governments, which lead to less corruption. Libertarians also favor personal liberties, including freedom of speech and the right to own a firearm. Affirmative action, which comes across to me as retribution more than assistance, will be a thing of the past if Barr is elected.

But somehow, despite how rosy the Libertarian Party seems, I&#8217;m not without some trepidation voting Libertarian. The Libertarians are a third party, after all, and if I cast my ballot for Barr, am I just throwing it away? Perhaps equally as important, am I just further opening the door for Obama, who many of my colleagues in the media claim is already going to win handily?

Leave him a comment to encourage him to vote for Bob Barr and explain why you are voting for him.

ShareThis

More...
8.jpg