Balhan hyung

orestes

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I am Ron Rullens from the Netherlands and I am a WTSDA eedan holder. I like the art of TSD. It makes you a better person, physically as well as mentally. I also like to research the history of the art (MDK, TSD and TKD). I read about a Balhan hyung as a part of the eedan test in the early sixties. It was the time of unification of the kwans. Does anybody know anything about this hyung??????

Many greetings and a good time spending in the dojang, TANG SOO!!!

Ron Rullens #41062

OP
O

orestes

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello Mr Maunakumu, I read it in an expert of "the modern history of Taekwondo". When you google on it there is always a link what brings you to the "Balhan Hyung". But the strange thing about it is that I can not find anything more about it just the mention that it was a eedan hyung. I wonder if there is somebody out there who know more about it than just the name.

Many grtzzz, Ron,

TANG SOO!!!

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hello Mr Maunakumu, I read it in an expert of "the modern history of Taekwondo". When you google on it there is always a link what brings you to the "Balhan Hyung". But the strange thing about it is that I can not find anything more about it just the mention that it was a eedan hyung. I wonder if there is somebody out there who know more about it than just the name.

Many grtzzz, Ron,

TANG SOO!!!

No idea which hyung they are talking about. Perhaps you could pm puunui, a member here. He told me he was involved in writing that book that you quoted.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
He told me he was involved in writing that book that you quoted.

I was involved in translating the book into english. I did not write it. Balhan I believe is one of the forms taught by GM YOON Byung In, along with Jangkwon, etc.

OP
O

orestes

White Belt
Reaction score
Is it possible that Bal-han Dae is the same as Bal-Se/Bak-Sae/Pal-Sek/Pal-Che etc. where "the best choice/selection" is meant. And maybe Balhan means the best of China.

Bye Bye, TANG SOO,
Ron Rullens

Latest Discussions