Bad wallstreet occupyer behavior

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
What part of the OWS protestors looks educated and/or reasonable? Where is Elder's favorite photo when I need it? Oh, here it is:
400pancake_bunny.jpg
Like the people at OWS protests? You can't rape the willing, and most of those who lost houses, sadly, bought more house then they could afford and failed to read and comprehend the terms of their mortgages, how is that anyone's fault, but. theirs? Uh oh, bunny time again
400pancake_bunny.jpg
Why are only republican's delusional? How is unsustainable spending responsible? The few thousand dirty, uniformed, inarticulate protestors out of a population over 300 million? Can you show an actual crime? If so, what crime? Gee, I guess CEO's were smart enough to negotiate their contracts to look after their interests, shouldn't everyone be as conscientious?
It kind of looks like you're endorsing domestic terrorism, there...
Sorry, had to do some editing before I could make enough sense of your rant to respond to it.

Oh, come on!

You can do so much better than following billi's footstep of 'the good republicans and the evil lefties' !

This is really getting beyond boring!
Not everybody protesting on Wall Street is an uneducated moron. And not everybody who claims to be republican is blessed with intellect and/or knowledge (heaven knows, they have paraded enough idiots as presidential hopefuls!)

The way banking is done now is clearly not working. Apparently the Larry Holmes of this world gather that much.

but cutting benefits for those who already don't have a lot....that is clearly not boosting the economy either.

(and frankly, I am lacking sympathy for folks who can buy my whole life with their petty cash they find in their couches and ashtrays, why are so many people with little money defending them? The snowball's chance in hell that they might get rich some time, too? Those really rich people are not about to share if they can help it)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Don,

In lieu of a bunny with a pancake on its head, I'll just reiterate some quick points I posted in an earlier thread.

Are you part of the 80%? If you make less than about $90k/year, you are part of the 80% that owes 75% of the debt, but makes only about 40% of the income. As a group, you account for a total of 7% of our Nation's financial wealth and your investments total about 12% of all of the investments in the country. That includes your 401ks. Your total net worth as a group is in the 15% range.

The greatest feat of the super wealthy in our country has been in the arena of public relations. The top 1% has been very successful convincing the bottom 80% that they are victims. This is simply not the case.

http://sociology.ucsc.edu/whorulesamerica/power/wealth.html
http://www.mybudget360.com/top-1-percent-control-42-percent-of-financial-wealth-in-the-us-how-average-americans-are-lured-into-debt-servitude-by-promises-of-mega-wealth/

E
dit: Just want to make it clear that I'm not trying to characterize the rich as evil or villainous. Rather, I'm pointing out that they aren't helpless victims, either. This isn't about whether there are rich or poor. The key is that the distance between the top 1% and the bottom 80% is growing.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh, come on!

You can do so much better than following billi's footstep of 'the good republicans and the evil lefties' !

This is really getting beyond boring!
Not everybody protesting on Wall Street is an uneducated moron. And not everybody who claims to be republican is blessed with intellect and/or knowledge (heaven knows, they have paraded enough idiots as presidential hopefuls!)

The way banking is done now is clearly not working. Apparently the Larry Holmes of this world gather that much.

but cutting benefits for those who already don't have a lot....that is clearly not boosting the economy either.

(and frankly, I am lacking sympathy for folks who can buy my whole life with their petty cash they find in their couches and ashtrays, why are so many people with little money defending them? The snowball's chance in hell that they might get rich some time, too? Those really rich people are not about to share if they can help it)

Agreed, GF. Eighteen pages in at this point. I suggest this thread be moved to the Comedy Cafe.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score