Awsome Key In speed 6 sec. Knockout punch by Master Karan Narang

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Before anyone takes my comment the wrong way. Keep in mind that my comment is more about the person who was punched than the person who was doing the punching.

Not feeling this one..It was good ground coverage but the person getting hit has really bad reaction time and was easily distracted. This is something we are currently working on in my school. Here are the 2 main things I tell students to keep in mind.
1. Moving to the side is better than moving backwards. People may punch with the anticipation that you'll move back so they make sure they cover enough ground to account for the opponent moving backwards.

2. You can only retreat as far as you rear foot. The closer your feet the shorter distance you have to retreat. Even when he steps back with his foot he's still in range.

The other thing is punch recognition and punch commitment recognition. In this case the hands are moving to distract the person and to hide the real commitment to the punch. In this case the punch commitment is not in the punch but the lead leg. Punch recognition is understanding which punch is coming. At distances like this it's common that the lead hand is the hand that is going to strike because it's the closest. It is also clear that the body will need to either close the gap slowly by moving forward bit by bit or to close the gap quickly.

I think it would have been more impressive if he tried to punch someone that was able to recognize punches and movement better.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a jab punch. Is there supposed to be point to this thread?
Off-hand, I'd say it looks more like a JKD-style straight lead.

Key In - instead of spamming the forum with a bunch of clips of your instructor, why don't you post a thread in the Meet & Greet section introducing yourself and talking a bit about your training.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's a straight jab. Nothing special. The target never moved or countered. Anybody could pull that off like that.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It's a straight jab. Nothing special. The target never moved or countered. Anybody could pull that off like that.
Maybe I should put the video of Claudia punching me 3 times in almost the same time it took for him to throw 1. lol.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Maybe. You were trying to resist. But that's how it is with Claudia. No slight on you. She treated everybody that way & there wasn't much you could about it except close & envelop her.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Maybe. You were trying to resist. But that's how it is with Claudia. No slight on you. She treated everybody that way & there wasn't much you could about it except close & envelop her.
Non-taken. I was proud to be able to show it, because it was a good combo. For me a good combo is a good combo even if I'm not the one throwing it. I actually use that video as a training tool for the other students so they don't make the same mistake that I did. I learned from it and that's what counts.

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
left hand not defending and not a KO. video should be: "how to hit a guy standing completely still for you to hit him".

OP
K

KEY IN

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Maybe I should put the video of Claudia punching me 3 times in almost the same time it took for him to throw 1. lol.

Maybe Sir before writing its better you see the punches one again on the clip
Its not 1 punch ...but 2 ..maybe too fast for you too see it ...?)

I was there ..and i can confirm that the guy not had absolutly time to move up

Last thing ..

This is INTERNAL MARTIAL ARTS
Means that the speed created comes from the practice of Zhan zhuang and Static position

Different way of training just that
Goodbye to all

By the way ..before pointing the finger in wrong direction ...its better first too look a video a couple of time

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
How many older folks remember ACAMAC?

Sounds strangely familiar to me!

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

ACAMAC!!!! I couldn't remember the exact name, but I kept hearing barely comprehensible jabbering & "Mars Attacks" all at the same time!

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

rolling.gif

ACAMAC.jpg

Magnific educational resource usefull to introduce in the way to open a Martial Art Center ACAMAC ensive Ofensive Center as new martial art are not available worldwide , However under the worldwide introductory campaign the AristoAgon Brun Universal Union ACAMAC have this great resource ; to diference of standard gym you not need see a good bad or mediocre teacher ; here you see the BEST WORLD EXPERT in ACAMAC AristoAgon ; YOUR OWN ACAMAC MARTIAL ART CREATOR IN PERSON ! The diference is OBVIOUS ! NOT Best available in the World ! Now too the Tae Kwon -Do CREATOR IN PERSON General Choi Hong Hi TOO have a Great 4 CD-ROMs that cost a few 150 Am Dolar General Choi born in Korea in November 9 of 1918 He not have material at young years however But now he introduce in Gym of TKD DOJAN your own personal teaching via CD-ROM ! The ACAMAC is the PIONER in this way and your creator have videos at 20s and 30s years old Type Age of Oscar de la Hoya at maximum young phisical posibilities fortunely for ACAMAC Video Teaching material of the WorldWide Intrioductory Campaign

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
he revolutionary Mathematics Exacts and Geometric Perfects 128 Martial Arts of the ACAMAC AristoAgon Martial Art of the CREATOR Martin Gale have a GREAT Enciclopedia in this resume of the 12 VHS in ONLY 1 VHS . Exactly as the GREAT Video Course of the International Hap Ki -Do Federation of the Great Master Bong Soo Han introductor of Hap Ki -Do in USA that TOO have a Complete set of 10 Videos (NOT problem if sillivanilli like or not , new innovations in ToraSamaDo of Florida , this is NOT a problem of pebbles with your own previous Shihan or renegades rogerrabit extraneous comentaries OF COURSE Persons that only want millenaries way and NOT acept new challenges and New Ways NOT acept innovations ; specially if lost your students! ) This is ABOUT too new technologie in Learning to Distance UNTIL BLACK BELT DEGREE . Obviously the 2° DAN in ToraSamaDo believe as the coment of previous person that NOT is a reader he and she BELIEVE that inclusive can TEACH HOW TEACH HAPKI-DO (They are NOT Hap Ki-Do experts ONLY of ToraSamaDo American Tactical Karate (A Tejas Florida Karate Style ; sound umbeliable? ) and I obviously NOT agree with your previous commentarie! ; THE PREVIOUS COMMENTARIE IS OF A PERSON WITHOUT RANGE IN HAP KI -DO! OR IN ACAMAC!) AND BELIEVE THAT HE CAN TEACH ABOUT HOW TEACH HAP KI DO TO THE PIONER OF TEACHING HAP KI DO IN USA!! HE BELIEVE TEACH AT PIONER ABOUT IF GOOD OR BAD TEACH HAP KI -DO UNTIL BLACK BELT DEGREE TO DISTANCE ! to the PIONER of Hap Ki -Do in USA the Grand Master Bong Soo Han teach sillirabit HOW TEACH Hap Ki -Do at the PIONER introductor of Hap Ki -Do since 1967 with 33 years of experience in USA about HOW TEACH HAP KI -DO ; THAT NOW TOO INTRODUCE LEARNING COMPLETELY TO DISTANCE UNTIL BLACK BELT DEGREE (TOO VIDEO EXAM IS TO DISTAMNCE IN VIDEO!) The ACAMAC AristoAgon with the Official AristoAgon Universal Union ACAMAC Official Black Belt VideoCourse too have UNTIL BLACK BELT TO DISTANCE LEARNING as the International Hap Ki -Do Federation
rolling.gif

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Fastest martial arts and easy 2 or 3 days weekly one hour educational videocourse to distance . I have in my home a complete collection of 12 videos of videocourse and too a parent in my home with the 12 VHS in only a book with only 1 unique vhs with all the 107 Minutes 20 seconds of original content i see in complete this version too in more than twice oportunities in complete this video(this present currently version is most inexpensive and inclusive easy to use , not is necesary introduction of new tape 2 or 6 introductions in the hour of practice , however the 12 videos are at the middle of the cost of the simil tapes of the great Korean Martial Art Hap Ki -Do full Official too this VHS tapes of the great organization International Hap Ki -Do Federation introductory of Hap Ki -Do in America since 1967 ) ACAMAC Martial Arts are inclusive most FASTEST and versatile than Bruce Lee and more Fastest and Versatile than the ex-gretest 1964 Casius Clay (religious named Muhamad Ali),remember 99,9% 99X100 of boxers are good or very good in atack in advance or static but bad in punch in steps-back backward except ONLY FEW 5 WORLD CHAMPS IN ALLTIMES & ALL CATEGORIES OF WEIGTH 1- Clay , 2- Ray Robinson , 3- Ray Leonard (All three boxers-dancers with magnific armony ) and 4- the only umbatible MIDDLEWEIGTH CHAMP Carlos Monzon (Best umbatible Champ is Carlos Monzon inclusive in comparation with all ; over Marvin Hagler that lost title with Ray Leonard in extraneus points of view of judges , and too over the other gret Champ Middleweigth Robinson that lost your crown in 5 oportunities )and 5- JOE LOUIS (remember your great actuation with LOUIS-CONN I with water in the Ring (The Ring Magazine not remember this data) for avoid the great motion of steps of the legendary Billy Conn , in the round of knock out LOUIS act with back-steps backward steps NOT STEPS IN ADVANCE , AND GET A HISTORIC KNOCK OUT) EXCEPT this 5 Greats Champs BOXERS are NOTHING EXCEPT IN ADVANCE OR STATIC But here you can see ACAMAC , FASTEST and in ADVANCE , and TOO in BACK-STEPS BACKWARD , with too FASTEST PUNCHS IN BACK-STEPS BACKWARD . ACAMAC is the FASTEST Martial Art (INCLUSIVE MORE FASTEST THAN ENGLISH BOXING TOO)
rolling.gif

Latest Discussions