Attention Male USAT athletes :Dont bother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
So you guys keep talking about your level playing field and all that. Maybe if you keep training hard you will one day realize that the Lopez guys keep winning because they are honestly a level above most everyone else. You keep up that pipe-dream that one of your underdog heros will win it all one of these days when the judging is "fair".

Quote Texkwondo.

Again from all accounts this event was fair. I have not heard anything to the contrary!

TJ won! He is hardly an underdog! Mark was beaten by Brian Gallaher also a great fighter most would have considered him an underdog to Mark!

D. Lopez fought well and gained allot of respect!

Steven was tested but still prevailed. We have allot of talent in this division and if Steven does not qualify this Division @ the Olympic Qualifier he will have to fight these guys again and that will be fun. TJ Curry is a tireless worker and he is going to only get better. his improvement over the last Year has been phenomenal(GREAT JOB MASTER SINGER).

Last edited:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would still like Terry to address the issue with Chris Martinez.

Why that is old news this thread is about this year event, why don't you bring the other thread to life. When you can come out in the open I will carry on an intelligent converstation, until than the plan is the same to aggavate you like you do to me.:erg:

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One of the best? Absolutely. THE best? Not quite. When he wins the Olympics or the World Championships, I will be right there with you. Until then, your assessment is premature.

So that means Steven is not the best as well since he did not win gold at the olympoics right?

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yet you are free to degrade other fighters who have accomplished much more than you ever have. You claim Chris Martinez threw the Olympic team trials finals. Nothing I have said about you comes CLOSE to stacking up with how demeaning and disrespectful this comment is.

Once again you bring up old news that is not part of this thread, my opinion I am not saying it as a fact it is my opinion. There is a difference you know but then again maybe you do not. Since then I have told Chris I was sorry and he accepted it, so maybe you need to know all your facts. Sometime we chat without thinking about ather people feelings but to bring something up from years ago is plan and simple wrong.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would still like Terry to address the issue with Chris Martinez.

That was adrress a long time ago and an apology was given to Chris, so it is a dead issue. What happen in the past is the past but I asm alway entitle to my opinion whether you the lopezs or anybody else likes it.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally Posted by terryl965
Chtis just let Mark win plain and simple, this young man gave up a chance of a lifetime for his buddy and coach

This is from a thread from 2/5/2008 and like I have said over and over again it was address with Chris and I apologies to him. But since you like to bring up old thread, lets talk about this one shall we.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
One of the best? Absolutely. THE best? Not quite. When he wins the Olympics or the World Championships, I will be right there with you. Until then, your assessment is premature.[/QUOT

1. He KO'd Steven the last time they fought.

2. He won the US Open, British Open and the European Championship.

3. He is currently Ranked #1 Welter by the WTF with 130.50 ranking points! Steven Lopez is the #5 ranked welter with 79.50 points. It is telling that Lopez has no ranking points in 2010 because he has not fought at any international events.

4. Steven Lopez was tested @ last weekends Trials.

I agree that it is arguable that Aaron Cook is the best. I think that you can make a very good case that he is currently#1. Rankings IMHO are a reflection of a fighters standing today!

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
So the word is that The USAT has unofficially selected the 2 male athletes that will be attending the next Olympic games. Guess who they will be? That's right : Mark and Steve Lopez.
I spent a week with athletes at OTC for the pan am team trials and the Rocky mountain open. The word going round the stands/locker rooms/living quarters is that Mark will drop to featherweight and our golden boy will hopefully be golden again (unless he meets Arron Cook). The coaching staff did not deny this when asked. They just said "we'll see, but most likely...".
My response:"I believe that there are still team trials to consider, unless they are planning another fiasco like what happened in the Nia/Dianna fight off." I got no reply.
I am not saying that Mark does not deserve to go. I just think that he should stay in his weight class and let someone else have a chance.
Any thoughts?

I guess TJ and Brian put wrench in these plans.

TJ Curry really made Steven pay attention!!!!! So much for the idea that nobody can really challenge the Lopez's in the US!!!!

I am glad that all the athletes bothered!!!!! These trials really show cased the great talent in the US being developed by allot of Masters outside of the favored groups!!!!

Cudos to the USAT for running a fair Olympic Trials. Please fix all the other areas!!!

And I really hope to see Patrice Remark in the Coaching chair for TJ he deserves it.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The difference is I have valid points. You have got nothing.

You people need to get over yourselves. Arguments stand or fall on their own merits, I don't care who you think you are or what you think you have done. So far I am the only one who has added anything of substance to the debate.

I have something, I have patience but it's running out. It's not my place to issue warnings but it is my place to warn that posts that attack the person not the post are not allowed here. This thread has been moved once and is in danger of actually being locked unless the subject matter turns from attacks on personalties. I have tried a few times gently hinting that this thread is getting heated again, you may not appreciate my humour but you must appreciate my hints or risk being locked down and warnings issued.

You may be getting frustrated by whatever it is that you think people here aren't getting or you may just be winding people up for the fun of it, I suggest you stop whichever it is.

You don't have to listen to me of course but I suggest you do.

I suggest everyone else takes a deep breath, has a think about whether they are coming to London in 2012 so I can buy them a drink at the Olympics, you haven't lived till you've been in a London pub. Thinking about that will give you the few minutes needed to calm down and return this thread to the civilised level I know TKD people can reach. if you wish to change the subject, try persuading me that I could grow to love Olympic TKD but whatever, we need a return to politeness please.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
A simple search leads back to plenty of people criticizing Cook for the same stuff I criticize him for now. Yet back then none of these people took any heat. Most of you guys were even in agreement.

You are too new to even know Who you quoted, TWIN FIST? HE is the most ANTI-OLYMPIC/SPORT person here. bad choice to quote something he says.

Last edited:

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
why do you keep calling us guys regardless of what gender we are?

While I'm not getting involved in the actual debate, I'd probably say because guys can be a non-gender specific plural for people:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=guys

Definition 2.

I know urban dictionary is hardly an authoritative source, but enough people agree it can be non-gender specific for it to be listed there and upvoted.

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
Does anyone know any of the other Brit TKD players? If so how good are they and how many medals are we going to get at our Olympics? Are all TKD selections for the Olympics done the same way?

I haven't read the rest of the thread, but basically I'd list the top Brit players as: Aaron Cook, Sarah Stevenson, Jade Jones, Bianca Walkden and Tony Grisman (although Tony apparently won't be at London 2012). Bianca and Sarah may be in the same division so we might not see both fight (depending on which division Sarah chooses apparently).

If I come to watch the TKD at the London Olympics are any of you guys going to be there? Okay being honest not that bothered about watching the TKD lol but it would be fantastic to meet people from here!

I'm definitely going! I only live 30 minutes from London so it would be rude not to!

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thread locked pending review. Sniping and personal attacks are violations of the Martial Talk Rules.

jks9199
Super Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions