"Attention Blooming Lotus"

Status
Not open for further replies.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Given past experience with BL on other forums (just as a bystander)... I'm with Robert... no breath holding here... :uhyeah:

But we could all be in for a suprise... who knows...

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Michael Billings said:
Come on guys, would you answer after two pages of the questions you asked? Pretty hostile tone also. I am interested in seeing if you BL, will in fact answer them? It would go a long way to establishing your credibility if you actually did answer each question specifically, and deflect this continuing on this thread and others.

I would encourage the rest of the posters to allow BL the opportunity for a detailed answer to the entire bill of charges before attempting to pick any nits. Lets see what BL has to say, given the opportunity to answer these specific questions. It would help in the long run if this thread could be referred to by BL whenever credibility issues are raised, as having given a Curriculum Vitae already.

-Michael

Well said Sir! :asian: I'm glad someone stepped in. :asian:

Blooming Lotus

Purple Belt
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
Blooming Lotus, I am confounded with your posts. Trying to keep track of claims of glory are dizzying for me. Did you not post in another thread that you hold no rank? How is it, then, that you are a teacher?

Thanks.
What glory Shelusa???? Do you not that despite all my experince and work and training etc, I still don't have a title and according to many I still s*ck anyway.
Bu dong............

How am I a teacher???/ What a stoopid question. Obviously my employers just see something ( like a cv and my walking my talk and displaying my skill ( which btw : I still think is quite yiban ban ) ????? ) that you miss. I don't care anyway............ the whole querying my firbes are getting old and tired.
Busy...........

later
Blooming Lotus

Blooming Lotus

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Michael Billings said:
Come on guys, would you answer after two pages of the questions you asked? Pretty hostile tone also. I am interested in seeing if you BL, will in fact answer them? It would go a long way to establishing your credibility if you actually did answer each question specifically, and deflect this continuing on this thread and others.

I would encourage the rest of the posters to allow BL the opportunity for a detailed answer to the entire bill of charges before attempting to pick any nits. Lets see what BL has to say, given the opportunity to answer these specific questions. It would help in the long run if this thread could be referred to by BL whenever credibility issues are raised, as having given a Curriculum Vitae already.

-Michael
I'm flattered really and chers for the support and patience on that one, but I am so busy I casn barely stop to sctrach myself let alone read the entirity of posts with the questions you want me to answer and quite frankly lmfao........... I will be back to read an answer all queries bit you'll just have to bare with me.

:) still laughing ol.........

Blooming Lotus

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Blooming Lotus said:
What glory Shelusa???? Do you not that despite all my experince and work and training etc, I still don't have a title and according to many I still s*ck anyway.
Bu dong............

How am I a teacher???/ What a stoopid question. Obviously my employers just see something ( like a cv and my walking my talk and displaying my skill ( which btw : I still think is quite yiban ban ) ????? ) that you miss. I don't care anyway............ the whole querying my firbes are getting old and tired.
Busy...........

later
Blooming Lotus
Ya know BL… I think I am one of the very few folks on this board that actually speaks Chinese. Don’t ya think you are being kind of rude by throwing in little Chinese gambits every other sentence? I would bet dollars to donuts your Chinese sucks as bad as your MA resume.... If you want to go at it in Chinese I am more than happy to step up to the plate and blast you into the cheap seats…..pack your oxygen……

Dau ke dau feichang dau!

Blooming Lotus

Purple Belt
Reaction score
you know Rouuse,

despite having a native chinese fiance , my chinese is probaby worse than you think, because I have no idea what you're saying in that last line!!

As for blowing smoke, I still don't know what claims I'm answering but patience is a virtue. Cultivate it and I'll be back when I can.

BL

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Blooming Lotus said:
despite having a native chinese fiance , my chinese is probaby worse than you think, because I have no idea what you're saying in that last line!!

Then, if your Chinese is so poor, why do you continue to use it? I speak a (very) little Japanese, but you don't see me peppering my English responses with it in a vain attempt to appear cultured, educated, or somehow better able to respond regarding MA discussion...

As for blowing smoke, I still don't know what claims I'm answering but patience is a virtue. Cultivate it and I'll be back when I can.

Please, refer to this post, #24 of this thread. Please, start with answering those questions, and I'm sure it will go a long way toward better supporting your martial arts, not to mention your academic, CV.

Patience is something I have an abundant supply of. However, given that it is incumbant upon you to substantiate the claims you make (or forever be haunted by those who question their legitimacy), I somehow doubt neither I nor others will wait forever. If you want people to accept what you claim as your background, and for them to move on from there and cease questioning you about the validity of your tales, you'll do well to respond more quickly than you imply.

Or not.

:rolleyes:

Blooming Lotus

Purple Belt
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
You are not alone.
I can't keep track which art she is training in.....I am sure her explanation will just as “straightforward’ as all the rest of her replies to questions about her training and credentials.

Let’s see thus far Blooming Lotus has claimed she is trained in the following:
health Fitness

Medicine……that’s a scary thought

Budwai. not correct ...... what I said was that I am about to pick up some formal studies to compliment my informal because that is just how it's progressing. :rolleyes:

Writing ……Uh… judging from your “pearls of wisdom” (along with the incoherent sentences, poor grammar and spelling) that you have seen fit to grace us with here I hazard to guess what it’s on.

My "pearls of wisdom " come from life. take it or leave, my job is far from trying to convince you.

Her martial Arts:
ninjutsu…..I have read your thoughts on Ninjutsu….I think more than a few people that train Ninjutsu in Japan would disagree with you.

I have only 5 mths training in ninjutsu and about a year of academic study and drilling what I learnt prior. Draw your own conclusions either way.

Xiaolin ( tcma),……..could you narrow it down about. Oh my God! I don’t believe I asked that same question again! Last time you answered you said there were too many styles and teachers to mention.

If you know anything about Xiaolin,you will understand that its gongfu has over 400 styles and then godknows how many sub-branch forms from there. It also involves buddhist / chan philosophy and for that I am currently preparing a dissertation from my early studies to notes accumulated over my yr long research journey throught out the country. Unfortunately this is a really broad category of enquiry and between the qigongs I've been picking up threoughtout the world, the different classes / masters/ ex-students and seminars I've attended ( most predominantly in China ) , you are not going to get your answer today. Duibuqi.

IMA( qigongs)

I've said it before. I have awesome sofdt golden bell skill ( if I do say so) , but just fell into into as a progressive step rather than sought it out. IMA and particulaly qigong ( being I own a business marketing products along these principals) has been a huge academic and personal interestsince my martiak interst began when I was 14....... 15 nearly 16 yrs ago. Have also studyed a truckload of other internal branches like 3 of the 4 taijis, baji, bagua, xingyi, just broaching piqua, dabbled in a little falungong for 6 mths, various world wide masters as shifus........ It's science = reality.... regardles, I just like to know why and how.

WC,nth&sth shaolin

considering Mt/mantis/bjj/more judo
NZmmafghtacademy,Xiaolinwushuguan( notstudywushu!)

Am looking at some mantis for reasons of adeptness and skill etc of friend practioners and aspects I think I can use well in a ring.

In 2001 -2002, had aspirations of joining the NZ army. Did the recruiting programme, gort offered several officer positions, but fewll through for personal reasons. During my recruiting period, besides a bulk of other activities comprising my 4am - 9 pm day, train was all I did. Spent time training at the mma "fighting academy" but being only compliment training for army recruitment conditioning, despite offer, was far from intersted in the comp scene.

BJJ - as recently as yesterday spoke to an NSW police man contact who tells me thast's what they're training themselves. Being I have a deffinate and specific mma ring goal, and being most mma comp players repetoire comprising bjj, looking closely with interest.

Jiu Jutsu: Current security firm ( employee company ) has a jj instructor with several titles and many many years experience, so looking at that as well.

Xiaolin wushu guan : on return from china last yr, took up a membership there with a disciple of shi de yang. Did a few seminars and lessons with visiting monk and sone follow up , but had to split for the real deal in songshan.

Got to china and met an array of masters, ex-comp champs, ex-temple students, old and current gongfu teachers and students, willing to teach me different styles daily and simultaneously ( as in the same day) for free. Worked yon hiney to max, sore as heck and on top of "real work " teaching uni/ high school and above lvl english ( with great results for all my students btw) , loved every suffering sweaty moment of it and still found time to prepare english exams , mark papers, prepare lessons, run lengths of the city and back, do my bwe and personal daily qigong. It's a razy place over there and "work" hrs structured extremly differently. Do a search on www.kungfumagazine.com or www.russbo.com for tales from other long term gongfu practitioners on the samih schedules...... wake at 4..... account for breaks..wrap at at 11:30 pm ( 2 am on grumpy underpaid day ) ....... and don't stop moving unless sleeping. That's life there and frankly, I'm rather fond and use to to it.

Shifu shaolin discple,wushunot=shaolin! …..what is this? Are you training to say you trained at the shaolin temple? That’s not something I would brag about. For foreigners to train there is pretty much of a joke. China’s biggest tourist trap…beenthere seen it, thought it was a joke....Disneyland for martial arts.

Shaolin si is undergoing changes all the time and will be different for one group of travellers/ gongfu students to the next ( and particulary pending their contacts and display of committment abnd understanding ) . No, I did not study at the shaolin temple ( and almost anyone who says they did is full of it themselves!!!!! I know disciples who've never even spent a night!!!! gwailo ( foreigners ) are often not welcome overnight anyway!!! I certainly visited, spoke to some nuns, saw some monks, and spent some time nxt door at training sesions with the 'tagou martial arts academy' students and visited many many dojos of other shaolin monks and shifu in the region including shi de chengs school ( where I got offered his best of hospitality, price, teaching and accom) . I actually have some great ( though distant at times ) pics of the school and trainings.......with luck, maybe will post them here in future.

Her Occupation:
P/T master ( about to renew master trainer quals with AIF)…..according to the AIF website it only takes less than 30 days to get qualified.

30 days sounds a little quick, though they are renewing my own quals ( accumulated over 13 yrs though expired ) in 7 weeks.....I do think it's soonish, but they have awesome instrucutors with a string of degrees and have the best name in the industry in australia ( even over unis and other specialty colleges)........ it'll do me nicely thx..not a noob....just an old hat looking for an update.

Licenced Security and Body guard….give me a break

ex-english teacher …..I believe this. Hell in China damn near all foreigners are English teachers. No way did you ever teach at a western university.

LOL..you're right....the native chinese english standard ios really poor, and despite having some of the best english gardes in my countrys annual english standard testing several yrs in a row, as you can see....it's not a priority and I often comprimise....but they benifit anyway.........there's more to "good" teacher than meets the eye anyway and all of my "other" experience just comes togther nicely for many an employer ???? :idunno: go figure I'm valuable to someone for some purpose !!!!

I also just did my security qualification and believe it or nort, of a team of say 10-12 and all male bar myself and only1 or 2 feloow students younger, in the personal protection assignment I still got voted 1 of 2 "alpha " comanders by my colleages and kicked toosh on all of them on the radio / surviellance unit!!! I attribute alot of that to my ninjutsu training and spotting the gapsa in my instructors defence / offence I just attribute to experience in general. I'm a little woman and its extremely amusing that in the face of much larger muscular men 10-15 yrsw my senoir, I hold my ground and raise beads of sweat on their brows or have them appreciating me being on their side..... repition is the mother of perfection....and fortunately for my stature and gender , I guess I've just done alot more it than many others out there. ??????

chinese gongfu teacher throughout China ………..Now there is a whopper!

I taught in Guanzhou, and I also taught Henan and Lioaning. I was head gongfu/ fitness and gym instructor , but to be frank , thought there should've been someone there more qualified???? they thought I was I great and I wondered why really...................

writing dissertation on Chan Buddhism…….like to see that

It's a HUUUUGE mission and frankly I'll be liking to see it myself.... labour of love I guess..........

ex prof model / dancer ……..really? got any photos you can post?

get a life spaz :p :rolleyes: !!! not a chance .......but I did work at players and universal international bar and club in Brisbane, have an open lifetime offer to return and mainly danced for sportsing gurus ( Mr. QLD, Tennis players, Football men, ETC or the army / airforce / marine / celeb contingent..) nothing special, just glorified shmoozing really ........ Did work my rear off for 40 + hrs a week of physical activity at work ( while maintaining a smile and cheerful bounce) , came home and trained and more often than not made the most profit in the house...so I'm just going to hold my head up on it anyway, despite being half naked more than half of the time....... it was work...it was hard and it was profitable.......... )

I have bold faced the one I think to pure BULL.......
:rolleyes: :idunno: go figure what passes as a shifdu these days.. I guess 15 yrs in some towns 'll do it just nicely ha ;) :p

Blooming Lotus

Blooming Lotus

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Matt Stone said:
Then, if your Chinese is so poor, why do you continue to use it? Because it's part of my everyday language spaz!! :p Sorry but sometimes I just think in chinese.

Please, refer to this post, #24 of this thread. Please, start with answering those questions, and I'm sure it will go a long way toward better supporting your martial arts, not to mention your academic, CV.

Patience is something I have an abundant supply of. However, given that it is incumbant upon you to substantiate the claims you make (or forever be haunted by those who question their legitimacy), I somehow doubt neither I nor others will wait forever. If you want people to accept what you claim as your background, and for them to move on from there and cease questioning you about the validity of your tales, you'll do well to respond more quickly than you imply.

Mcaver...... I am "haunted " by nothing but my desire to suceed. When folks are unjustifiabley sceptical, I lol extremely loud, shrug my shoulders when it gets crazy or overzealous and get to their enquiries when I can. To impress you is not my goal grasshopper. It took me 6 mths elsewhere just to prove I was female..really babe..I don't care.....take what you can glean or shoot yourself in the foot......... no skin off my life...I'm going to train and travel regardless !!!! :asian: :rolleyes:

Amitabah folks

( btw : a whole thread and it's allllll for meeeeee !!!!! rolleyes and lol........ fire away , I'll get to it when I can)

Or not.

:rolleyes:
Blooming Lotus

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Her Occupation:
P/T master ( about to renew master trainer quals with AIF)…..according to the AIF website it only takes less than 30 days to get qualified.
30 days sounds a little quick, though they are renewing my own quals ( accumulated over 13 yrs though expired ) in 7 weeks.....I do think it's soonish, but they have awesome instrucutors with a string of degrees and have the best name in the industry in australia ( even over unis and other specialty colleges)........ it'll do me nicely thx..not a noob....just an old hat looking for an update.
AIF's own website said 30 days.....I checked.
According to most Fitness Courses and Regs people need to keep up so many credits every 2 years to keep their certificates up to date.
I know this because I have 2 quals from 2 different places.

Blooming Lotus

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Matt Stone said:
Wow... What a thread.

Robert - wude is the Mandarin term that, I think, refers to "martial virtue" or some such thing. Apparently the morality and ethics of the 12 year old beat the 24 year old... That isn't "whooping his butt," but something else entirely. Of course, where you and I come from, we scale things a little differently than most apparently... :idunno:

I'd like to address BL's curriculum vitae with some questions of my own...

Medicine - School of study and year of graduation, please. What kind of medicine are you trained in, and how have you found time in your busy schedule, what with 12 hours of training a day, 7 days a week, to balance your travels, your internship, not to mention studying during medical school...

Writing - When you say "trained" in, how precisely have you been trained in writing? I've taken some courses in high school and university. Is this what you refer to?

ninjutsu - What school and who was your teacher?

Xiaolin ( tcma) *snip* Last time you answered you said there were too many styles and teachers to mention. - Comments along the lines of "too much to mention" have, in my experience, indicated either a non-existant history, or one rife with insignificant events that are "too much to mention." Perhaps you mean that, with your extensive travels in China, you have had tea, discussed martial theory, or been introduced to figuratively countless numbers of people from whom you have learned a thing or two? That could, certainly, account for "teachers" too numerous to mention.

What specific styles of CMA have you studied? Being a CMAist myself, I'm curious how you could put in any meaningful training time with so much in your life. Flitting from one teacher to another reminds me of a butterfly - alighting on each flower for only a moment, never really spending time to "know" each one fully...

IMA( qigongs) - Same as above. And what does your qigong training have to do with your ability to teach, or your ability to be truthful? I was confused when you implied that Robert shouldn't question you since you'd done so much qigong... :idunno: :rolleyes:

WC,nth&sth shaolin - That's one specific style, and two very abstract categorizations... Please, more detail.

considering Mt/mantis/bjj/more judo - If you've studied so many worthy CMAs, why would you continue to flit from teacher/style to teacher/style? Jack of all trades, master or none, eh?

NZmmafghtacademy,Xiaolinwushuguan( notstudywushu!) - I'm not sure what the NZ academy refers to, but I'll agree with Robert that the Shaolin guan (or would that more appropriately be pluralized, given the rise of several tourist temples that provide tours to foreigners who can then say they've "trained" in MA at Shaolin...?) claim means little. Four hundred years ago, perhaps, but not today. Especially when the temple publicly admits to having brought in TKD people to teach the monks how to fight... Please... :rolleyes:

Shifu shaolin discple,wushunot=shaolin! - Is this English? I have no idea what you are trying to say with this... :idunno:

P/T master ( about to renew master trainer quals with AIF)…..according to the AIF website it only takes less than 30 days to get qualified. - What is a P/T master? What are the qualification requirements?

Licenced Security and Body guard - Licensed by whom and trained for said licensing how, precisely?

ex-english teacher - I taught English in Japan. Can I claim "ex-English teacher" (note the capitalization of English as a proper noun), too?

chinese gongfu teacher throughout China - As with all the other claims, place, time, duration, etc., please.

writing dissertation on Chan Buddhism - How does this qualify you as anything? I'm writing two books, several articles, and am working on the laundry right now... I don't believe that makes me an author, a contributing writer, nor a dry cleaners, though.

ex prof model / dancer - "Ex" because you retired, or "ex" because you didn't get work? My daughter is an aspiring actress and model, and with the auditions we attend I see lots of people who claim to be models and actors/actresses, but few that have every actually done anything...

I'll be waiting patiently for your detailed and qualifiable responses.

:asian:
look ...this post is sooo pedantiacally overzealous and just ott irrelevant, the only question I'm even going to attempt to answer is on wude...wude is martial morales and if you have none, this may be a perfect opportunity to iunvestigate the meaning and practice...... it goes something along the lines of integriry , honesty, hard slog and compasson......... by my notes anyway..rthough i be confused so just don't push your luck while yur aggression's blaring or I feel you may just not get far. Duibuqi, while you approach like that, I gain nothing out of any such exchange so I couldn't care less really . Sorry....... learn some respect....... or don't........ again...don't care.

cheers.....

Blooming Lotus

Blooming Lotus

Purple Belt
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
Her Occupation:

AIF's own website said 30 days.....I checked.
According to most Fitness Courses and Regs people need to keep up so many credits every 2 years to keep their certificates up to date.
I know this because I have 2 quals from 2 different places.
You are soo obseesed but meiwenti , I get it all the time. As for AIF, they offer all sorts of courses and qualifications, check again!!!! ( looking under " master fitness trainers" cert ,might be a good start. 0 I did offeryour enquiries though so biting tongue and being co-operative......

tongues in cheek already, so if you want a reply, choose your words carefully.

Take care and train hard
Blooming lotus

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Damned by her own words, I'd say...

Wasn't it said earlier that you are a mother as well? How did you execute a 4 am to 9pm day traveling across China, training in martial arts, all with a child in tow?

If your English grades are so impressive in New Zealand, apparently obtaining such high grades is a common thing. Given your inability to spell worth a damn, I'd say your grades were mailed to the wrong post box...

Further, if your Chinese is as bad as you admit, how can you manage to think in a language you can't converse in?

And falling to the level of name calling... Perhaps more qigong is in order to bring your morals (nor morales) and ethics back up a notch.

I cry "bullshido." Fraud, fake, huckster, and liar. She That Misrepresents The Facts (or STMTF for short).

It's always fun to watch them hang themselves... :rolleyes:

And just a tidbit other, I've been doing CMA for 19 years now, and am not yet a "sifu." Always a good thing to research something before you start making offhand comments in an insulting manner. It wasn't even a decent try...

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen,
The circus has gone on long enough. There are enough holes in this story that even my own normal patience is gone. Based on an extensive discussion among the members of the MartialTalk Administration team, and the Martial Talk Steering Board, of the comments made publicly, as well as information received from several other forums, Ms. Lotus' membership here has been revoked.

MartialTalk is a forum for the friendly discussion of the arts. To preserve that friendly environment, disruptive influences are not welcome, and will be removed after careful and deliberate consideration by our staff.

At this point, the matter is ended. Please drop it, and move on.

Thank you,
- MartialTalk Administration Team-

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Blooming Lotus said:
You are soo obseesed but meiwenti , I get it all the time. As for AIF, they offer all sorts of courses and qualifications, check again!!!! ( looking under " master fitness trainers" cert ,might be a good start. 0 I did offeryour enquiries though so biting tongue and being co-operative......

tongues in cheek already, so if you want a reply, choose your words carefully.

Take care and train hard
Blooming lotus
From this website

http://www.aif.edu.au/system.html
Master Trainer in 30 days! - "Impossible" say the traditionalists. But it's not impossible, because the unique AIF Integrated Training System uses specially developed accelerated easy learning techniques. The AIF Master Trainer program has only 27 required contact days, or 12 for Group Exercise Instructor. So it is possible to complete this program full-time in just 6-8 weeks, or you could choose to spread these days out on a part-time basis over a 3 or 6 month period attending either on weekends, or week-day evenings.

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
Ladies and Gentlemen,
The circus has gone on long enough. There are enough holes in this story that even my own normal patience is gone. Based on an extensive discussion among the members of the MartialTalk Administration team, and the Martial Talk Steering Board, of the comments made publicly, as well as information received from several other forums, Ms. Lotus' membership here has been revoked.

MartialTalk is a forum for the friendly discussion of the arts. To preserve that friendly environment, disruptive influences are not welcome, and will be removed after careful and deliberate consideration by our staff.

At this point, the matter is ended. Please drop it, and move on.

Thank you,
- MartialTalk Administration Team-

Sorry, didn't see the notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions