"Attention Blooming Lotus"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm right there with ya Robert, as I'm a little confused about some things as well. :idunno:

One question that I found interesting is the 12 hr. 7 day/wk training sessions. How does one find enough time in the day to do this?????????? Is it 12 hrs straight, broken up??? Sounds kind of difficult to do. :idunno:

Mike

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Blooming Lotus said:
No there you go again with your assumptions. Who said the police weren't called???

Actually, to be frank I think the guy is just a bit overzealous and plays a little harder than is responsible with kids. I did just check this with the sister and what it was a spar that got out of hand. The other guy started to get serious and started hitting too hard and putting a little more force into his holds than was called for. So spotting the gap , my student broke the hold and landed a few counters to what followed until he got on his own submission and the guy called tap. Thankfully he had enough sense to admit defeat and leave it at that. Violence in everyday life is often a factor for many ppl, and although it could be a trite example, ( and considering the incident that followed ) I am proud nonetheless.

Blooming Lotus

Sounds to me like the guy enjoys beating up on kids. When teaching a child, the basics are the most important thing. Is this guy a teacher?? If he isn't then he has no business sparring with anyone, because he obviously has no clue as to what hes doing. Second, if he is a teacher, he is a poor one at that!!!

Mike

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Blooming Lotus said:
No there you go again with your assumptions. Who said the police weren't called???

Blooming Lotus
You failed to mention that in your original post.
So what did the police do?

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Wow... What a thread.

Robert - wude is the Mandarin term that, I think, refers to "martial virtue" or some such thing. Apparently the morality and ethics of the 12 year old beat the 24 year old... That isn't "whooping his butt," but something else entirely. Of course, where you and I come from, we scale things a little differently than most apparently... :idunno:

I'd like to address BL's curriculum vitae with some questions of my own...

Medicine - School of study and year of graduation, please. What kind of medicine are you trained in, and how have you found time in your busy schedule, what with 12 hours of training a day, 7 days a week, to balance your travels, your internship, not to mention studying during medical school...

Writing - When you say "trained" in, how precisely have you been trained in writing? I've taken some courses in high school and university. Is this what you refer to?

ninjutsu - What school and who was your teacher?

Xiaolin ( tcma) *snip* Last time you answered you said there were too many styles and teachers to mention. - Comments along the lines of "too much to mention" have, in my experience, indicated either a non-existant history, or one rife with insignificant events that are "too much to mention." Perhaps you mean that, with your extensive travels in China, you have had tea, discussed martial theory, or been introduced to figuratively countless numbers of people from whom you have learned a thing or two? That could, certainly, account for "teachers" too numerous to mention.

What specific styles of CMA have you studied? Being a CMAist myself, I'm curious how you could put in any meaningful training time with so much in your life. Flitting from one teacher to another reminds me of a butterfly - alighting on each flower for only a moment, never really spending time to "know" each one fully...

IMA( qigongs) - Same as above. And what does your qigong training have to do with your ability to teach, or your ability to be truthful? I was confused when you implied that Robert shouldn't question you since you'd done so much qigong... :idunno: :rolleyes:

WC,nth&sth shaolin - That's one specific style, and two very abstract categorizations... Please, more detail.

considering Mt/mantis/bjj/more judo - If you've studied so many worthy CMAs, why would you continue to flit from teacher/style to teacher/style? Jack of all trades, master or none, eh?

NZmmafghtacademy,Xiaolinwushuguan( notstudywushu!) - I'm not sure what the NZ academy refers to, but I'll agree with Robert that the Shaolin guan (or would that more appropriately be pluralized, given the rise of several tourist temples that provide tours to foreigners who can then say they've "trained" in MA at Shaolin...?) claim means little. Four hundred years ago, perhaps, but not today. Especially when the temple publicly admits to having brought in TKD people to teach the monks how to fight... Please... :rolleyes:

Shifu shaolin discple,wushunot=shaolin! - Is this English? I have no idea what you are trying to say with this... :idunno:

P/T master ( about to renew master trainer quals with AIF)…..according to the AIF website it only takes less than 30 days to get qualified. - What is a P/T master? What are the qualification requirements?

Licenced Security and Body guard - Licensed by whom and trained for said licensing how, precisely?

ex-english teacher - I taught English in Japan. Can I claim "ex-English teacher" (note the capitalization of English as a proper noun), too?

chinese gongfu teacher throughout China - As with all the other claims, place, time, duration, etc., please.

writing dissertation on Chan Buddhism - How does this qualify you as anything? I'm writing two books, several articles, and am working on the laundry right now... I don't believe that makes me an author, a contributing writer, nor a dry cleaners, though.

ex prof model / dancer - "Ex" because you retired, or "ex" because you didn't get work? My daughter is an aspiring actress and model, and with the auditions we attend I see lots of people who claim to be models and actors/actresses, but few that have every actually done anything...

I'll be waiting patiently for your detailed and qualifiable responses.

:asian:

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Since this seems to be a thread about all the various claims of Blooming Lotus, I would like some clarification on the claims she makes about ninjutsu.

BL,
In this post you state,

And I have had contact with Hatsumi Sensei, gone over his site, and spoken to several of his students operating schools here in Australia.

When have you had contact with Hatsumi? He has not been to Australia in ages and you never seem to mention going to Japan. And what site are you referring to? Hatsumi does not have an internet site, nor is there an official Bujinkan one.

Who are you training under and for how long? Who were the students you said you talked to? In another post you said that ninjutsu was going to be the main art you study. It would be interesting to see who you were training under.

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Matt,

Your right Wude= pron. woo-du or butoku in Japanese refers to martial virtue.
Sorry I have a hard time trying to figure out whther certain folks just can't spell or they are trying to use a foreign language.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello? Echo ... echo...echo...echo...

Hm.... still no firmly answered questions.

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Matt Stone said:
Xiaolin ( tcma) *snip* Last time you answered you said there were too many styles and teachers to mention. - Comments along the lines of "too much to mention" have, in my experience, indicated either a non-existant history, or one rife with insignificant events that are "too much to mention." Perhaps you mean that, with your extensive travels in China, you have had tea, discussed martial theory, or been introduced to figuratively countless numbers of people from whom you have learned a thing or two? That could, certainly, account for "teachers" too numerous to mention.

What specific styles of CMA have you studied? Being a CMAist myself, I'm curious how you could put in any meaningful training time with so much in your life. Flitting from one teacher to another reminds me of a butterfly - alighting on each flower for only a moment, never really spending time to "know" each one fully...

:asian:
Matt,

What is it they say over here.........."less is more".
I believe that is a chuan buddhist saying as well.
Blooming Lotus’ claim don’t really surprise me that much since I have run into her kind here in Japan as well as China. A lot of westerners that come to Asia get it in their head they what they do here has never been done before. I call it the “Marco Polo effect”….they think they are the first to set foot on Asian soil, and their accomplishments are “ground breaking” so when they go back to their home country they try to perpetuate that myth to the nth degree by blowing anything they waaaaaay out of proportion.

If they shook hands with a famous ma teacher that all of a suddenly becomes “I was a personal student”, if they get a compliment from their teacher like “you trained hard today” it translates into “XXXXX famous teacher said I was the best they have seen” when they relay the story to others.

When I first saw the Shaolin Temple I was really disappointed. I stepped off the bus and was immediately hounded by no less than half a dozen people claiming to be “masters” of Shaolin kungfu and they would teach me the “real” Shaolin style. Upon arriving at the actual temple there were “priests” who basically there to “perform” for the tourists.

I don’t doubt Blooming Lotus went to China, not a big deal really. After reading her posts on training, her view points on MA, TCM, etc….I seriously doubt she has the training she claims. It would seem I am not the only one that thinks so since she was booted off the Kungfu forum.

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
Hello? Echo ... echo...echo...echo...

Hm.... still no firmly answered questions.

Hey....it takes time to research & make up answers that sound legit. :lol:

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
Oh, you're right. What would you say, about ... 12 hours per day?

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
Oh, you're right. What would you say, about ... 12 hours per day?
rofl.gif

With some of the things that have been claimed I would say more....much more.

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
I don’t doubt Blooming Lotus went to China, not a big deal really. After reading her posts on training, her view points on MA, TCM, etc….I seriously doubt she has the training she claims. It would seem I am not the only one that thinks so since she was booted off the Kungfu forum.

I was going to schedule a trip to Shaolin myself, out of curiosity to see the place, take a few interesting pictures to add to my "interesting places" scrapbook (I have a picture of myself in a North Korea mine field!), but once I found not one, but no less than 3 different groups who all claim to be selling tours to Shaolin for "authentic" martial arts training, I realized it was just a fantasy to think that training at Shaolin was a reality in this day and age.

Then, of course, there was the press release where the Shaolin abbot said he was importing TKD teachers to help teach the monks how to fight... :rolleyes:

For about $3000 US, anybody can go to Shaolin, train, and walk away after a month saying they've "trained" at Shaolin.

Whatever.

As for the rest of her posts, what I've read anyway, it smacks more of questionable history than anything else. The mental picture I have is of a caucasian woman, nearly rail thin, hair in a long, unkempt queue, with a bent toward crystals, New Age-ism, unicorns, and fantasy roleplaying games... A college student gone bad with an inflated view of what she is really accomplishing. "Marco Polo" is a good visual too.

Whatever (again).

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Matt Stone said:
I was going to schedule a trip to Shaolin myself, out of curiosity to see the place, take a few interesting pictures to add to my "interesting places" scrapbook

1) (I have a picture of myself in a North Korea mine field!), but once I found not one, but no less than 3 different groups who all claim to be selling tours to Shaolin for "authentic" martial arts training, I realized it was just a fantasy to think that training at Shaolin was a reality in this day and age.

2) Then, of course, there was the press release where the Shaolin abbot said he was importing TKD teachers to help teach the monks how to fight... :rolleyes:

3) For about $3000 US, anybody can go to Shaolin, train, and walk away after a month saying they've "trained" at Shaolin.

Whatever.

As for the rest of her posts, what I've read anyway, it smacks more of questionable history than anything else.

4) The mental picture I have is of a caucasian woman, nearly rail thin, hair in a long, unkempt queue, with a bent toward crystals, New Age-ism, unicorns, and fantasy roleplaying games... A college student gone bad with an inflated view of what she is really accomplishing. "Marco Polo" is a good visual too.

Whatever (again).

1)[font=&quot] [/font]that is just too Kool!

2)[font=&quot] [/font]Groan……

3)[font=&quot] [/font]That much?! Bloody hell! What a waste of good money.

4)[font=&quot] [/font]I was thinking pretty close to the same thing, plus short, drifts from one job to another.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:

And to date....I'm still waiting for an answer to my question to her regarding the 12hr day/7 day week sessions. Something tells me that we're gonna be waiting a looooooooooooooooooong time. Hmmm...correct me if I'm wrong Robert, but isn't this very similar to another thread where we were trying to find out answers about Tew?? And seeing how we never got any answers there, I highly doubt we will here.

Mike

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
MJS said:
And to date....I'm still waiting for an answer to my question to her regarding the 12hr day/7 day week sessions. Something tells me that we're gonna be waiting a looooooooooooooooooong time. Hmmm...correct me if I'm wrong Robert, but isn't this very similar to another thread where we were trying to find out answers about Tew?? And seeing how we never got any answers there, I highly doubt we will here.

Mike
Let's put it this way..........I'm not holding my breath.

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Come on guys, would you answer after two pages of the questions you asked? Pretty hostile tone also. I am interested in seeing if you BL, will in fact answer them? It would go a long way to establishing your credibility if you actually did answer each question specifically, and deflect this continuing on this thread and others.

I would encourage the rest of the posters to allow BL the opportunity for a detailed answer to the entire bill of charges before attempting to pick any nits. Lets see what BL has to say, given the opportunity to answer these specific questions. It would help in the long run if this thread could be referred to by BL whenever credibility issues are raised, as having given a Curriculum Vitae already.

-Michael

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Michael Billings said:
Lets see what BL has to say, given the opportunity to answer these specific questions. It would help in the long run if this thread could be referred to by BL whenever credibility issues are raised, as having given a Curriculum Vitae already.

-Michael
Yes, Sir. I do always root for the underdog and anxiously await BL to answer, so I will now wait in silence for her responses.

:asian:G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions