Attacks in Long Form 2

pete

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Bill Lear said:
I wouldn't go so far as to say that the moves contained in these forms have no application. I think it would be more accurate to state that they don't have any "specific" applications. (Just a thought... I could be wrong.)

:idunno:
... or several specific applications, as do the higher numbered forms (and we all could be wrong, but that's life LOL)

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Bill Lear said:
I wouldn't go so far as to say that the moves contained in these forms have no application. I think it would be more accurate to state that they don't have any "specific" applications. (Just a thought... I could be wrong.)

Well, you got me there! :mp5:

Yes, that is what I really ment to say, of course they have applications but just not 1 specific one. (we have talked about this at length Billy......... geeze lol)

:asian:

Bill Lear

Brown Belt
Reaction score
pete said:
... or several specific applications, as do the higher numbered forms (and we all could be wrong, but that's life LOL)
Isn't the phrase "several specific applications" kind of an oxymoron? That just don't make sense to me brutha.

SEVERAL
Main Entry: 2several
Function: pronoun, plural in construction
: an indefinite number more than two and fewer than many <several of the guests>

SPECIFIC
Main Entry: 1spe·cif·ic
Pronunciation: spi-'si-fik
Function: adjective
Etymology: Late Latin specificus, from Latin species
1 a : constituting or falling into a
specifiable category b : sharing or being those properties of something that allow it to be referred to a particular category
2 a : restricted to a particular individual, situation, relation, or effect <a disease specific to horses> b : exerting a distinctive influence (as on a body part or a disease) <specific antibodies>
3 : free from ambiguity : ACCURATE <a specific statement of faith>
4 : of, relating to, or constituting a species and especially a biologic species
5 a : being any of various arbitrary physical constants and especially one relating a quantitative attribute to unit mass, volume, or area b : imposed at a fixed rate per unit (as of weight or count) <specific import duties> -- compare AD VALOREM
synonym see SPECIAL, EXPLICIT
- spe·cif·i·cal·ly /-fi-k(&-)lE/ adverb

Bill Lear

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Goldendragon7 said:
Well, you got me there! :mp5:

Yes, that is what I really ment to say, of course they have applications but just not 1 specific one. (we have talked about this at length Billy......... geeze lol)

:asian:
:iws:

Who love's ya baby?

:supcool:

Latest Discussions