Attackers who are high level Martial Artists

OP
T

Tony

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have a friend who though isn't very flexible and can hardly kick above waist height is getting to quite a senior level in Taekwondo and seems to take pleasure in showing people what he has learnt and how devastating taekwondo is. He has said taht I woudl find Taekwondo too fierce which is why I do Kung fu. This is false as Kung fu is jsut as deadly as any other art (the style i practice is Shaolin Long Fist) He has been warned many times for excessive contact while sparring by his instructor but still he is allowed to train. He is very agressive and i really don't think his training has addressed his anger issues and soon he will be at the next level.
Isn't sad how anyone can learn a Martial Art without learning restraint and being able to control their anger and thinking that just because they have practiced a martial art for so many years they are now unbeatable!

James Clifton

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I HAVE TO PLEAD,"STUPID"!! WE (I) used to look for fights with other MA STYLES! You "young"MA'S have to try and understand!Some would visit other schools ,meet the Instructor & ask if we could "exchange tech.(fight)!! THIS WAS A DIFF.TIME....(forget about Insur.& being PC)WE WANTED TO SEE IF WHAT WE WERE TAUGHT worked!! Did the Instructors accept?? Are you kidding,the students looked at us the way we looked at them,"FRESH MEAT"!! No this is NOT made up,it was real....some oldtimers,may have forgotten!!
Be safe,
Jim

kempocomtai

White Belt
Reaction score
I have as a matter of fact it was the master of my school I think he take pride in making people look bad reason I say this is because one of my friends was at his class and he wanted to spar with lite contact but the head master took it to far my friend didnt think that was right because he was just playing but they locked the door and made him fight.

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
Sounds like some old school tuff love. If you're going to fight...fight! That aside, I can understand where your coming from. Hopefully, your friend no longer goes to that school, and wasn't hurt. A dojo is not a prison cell.

HelloKitty

Green Belt
Reaction score
I know we would all like to think we are humble and responsible in the way we use out skills,and that our styles have codes of conduct that prevent individuals from misusing what they have learnt but occasionally some people do sneak through the net!

There are many people with big egos who like to show off and intimidate people with the martial arts skills. We've all probably seen the Karate Kid films and these people do exist in real life. Many times you may hear someone say 'don't mess with me, I'm a black belt'. And occasionaly even the instructors can turn out to be the one with the ego who like to show off their skills. Luckily i have never met anyone like this.

I think I know what you are pointing here. In my new school (I've been here for 2 weeks) I had sparring with a black belt and he really hit me hard. I even have three or four huge bruises, pffff. Our grand master saw this and after class he called the black belt and put him to kick difficult and tiring techniques. Some people think our master did it to correct his behaviour, and told me to protect myself the best I can because he doesn't care about lower rank students.

I've always seen the higher ranks, specially black belts and instructors, as better people, not only in technique, strenght, etc. yet in wisdom, but you can see, it's not always the reality.

The only think we can do is avoid these kind of people, don't you think?

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
First, I have not read all of these posts in this thread, but, it appears to be an older thread that is now revived?

I say this --> when I was young, many older students and higher belts would kick us REALLY HARD! We got kicked into the walls, over and over again! It never killed any of us, it never ran us off either! I would not trade those days for any riches!

If some adept martial artists attack another adept martial artist to fight for real, full contact, to cause injury -- somebody might get killed, no joke!

Its very serious!

Latest Discussions