Atacx gym shaolin

Status
Not open for further replies.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Here are some videos for comparision on the technique...

Jim Brassard's Combo #3

Joe Rebelo's Karazenpo Goshinjitsu #3 (precursor technique to SKK)

If you watch Master Rebelo's video, the history will show you how the attack was changed from Karazenpo's right cross where a punch to the bladder will fit, to the SKK stepthrough punch where the punch will not fit, and how the stepthrough attack did allow the takedown.

Last edited by a moderator:

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Then counter my criticism, Ras. Explain how the mechanics, power source, philosophy etc are different for Shaolin Kempo versus your American Kempo. Explain how you aren't missing the basic tactics of the technique in your version.

In other words, just saying "you're wrong" without any backup isn't a very convincing argument from you. And I'm basing my assessment of your knowledge on a lot more than just this one clip.

From my limited understanding, SKK is an offshoot from various arts. If you take the lineage back far enough, you will see a Kajukenpo influence. If go more modern, and look at Nick Cerio, who probably added the most material before Villari, you will see a heavy japanese karate influence, so their power methods and execution are going to favor that.

Nick Cerio showing some basic SKK training (before he exchanged ideas with SGM Parker of American Kenpo and refined his style later on in his Nick Cerio's Kenpo, which has a more American Kenpo flavor to it).

OP
ATACX GYM

ATACX GYM

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Here are some videos for comparision on the technique...

Jim Brassard's Combo #3

Joe Rebelo's Karazenpo Goshinjitsu #3 (precursor technique to SKK)

If you watch Master Rebelo's video, the history will show you how the attack was changed from Karazenpo's right cross where a punch to the bladder will fit, to the SKK stepthrough punch where the punch will not fit, and how the stepthrough attack did allow the takedown.

Thanks man! good find!

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Admin's note:

Thread closed.

-Ronald Shin
-MT Assistant Administrator

Status