Ashida Kim.

bigfootsquatch

Purple Belt
Reaction score
theres no need to flat out bash the man, so what if hes a goofball? having two or three threads devoted to his goofyness isn't going to change him, his site, or his students.

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You've got this colander filled with tomatoes, and you're just standing there shaking it back and forth, and all of a sudden you realize you're in a movie theater, and people are telling you "will you sit the hell down and be quiet, we're trying to watch a movie here". It's not the quiet type of tomatoes, it's the ones that go "RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!" when you least expect it.
Then you peel one of them open, and you'll often find that there's this little guy sitting in there who's trying to make it look like he isn't sitting in there, he's like "no, don't mind me, I'm just sitting in my office, counting my keychains and minding my own business..." And so you're like "well, looks like I'm going to have to bring this one back", and so you go back to the store and say that you want to return the tomato because there's this little guy sitting inside who's trying to make it look like he isn't really sitting there. And they're like "and who are you...?"
And you're like "who, me? No, I'm not here..."

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
what can I say about Ashida Kim other than he has made a hell of a lot more money selling books than I have

newtothe dark

Purple Belt
Reaction score
You've got this colander filled with tomatoes, and you're just standing there shaking it back and forth, and all of a sudden you realize you're in a movie theater, and people are telling you "will you sit the hell down and be quiet, we're trying to watch a movie here". It's not the quiet type of tomatoes, it's the ones that go "RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!" when you least expect it.
Then you peel one of them open, and you'll often find that there's this little guy sitting in there who's trying to make it look like he isn't sitting in there, he's like "no, don't mind me, I'm just sitting in my office, counting my keychains and minding my own business..." And so you're like "well, looks like I'm going to have to bring this one back", and so you go back to the store and say that you want to return the tomato because there's this little guy sitting inside who's trying to make it look like he isn't really sitting there. And they're like "and who are you...?"
And you're like "who, me? No, I'm not here..."

GEB have to hand it to you you are the posting king lol.

hailmike

White Belt
Reaction score
i'm completely speechless after watching those videos. the 'ninja magic' video was the icing on the cake. i can't believe he has followers at all.

Kichigai-no-Okami

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I have to say that I've not really seen any Ashida Kim video other than his 'talking head' stuff where he witters on in a semi-convincing fashion about the basic tenets that underpin any martial art.

Watching the levitation film tho' ... well ... I'm awed. Why have I been wasting all these years studying crackpot Chinese and Japanese martial arts when I should've been giving money to him :lol:?

There are seriously people who buy into this stuff? Where're Penn and Teller when you need them? Perhaps someone should drop them a line?
LOL! Yep, even to this very day, there are people that buy into this line of crap. You'd be suprised............. Oh well. Most budoka usually end up with the teacher that they deserve.

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I've heard of this guy in the past, but really knew nothing of him. That levitation video is absolutely unbelievable, I don't know what to think after having seen it. How could anyone possibly look at that and think this guy is anything but a con artist?! It's so obvious, and the one witht he "light saber fight"...WTF?! Did you see the comment "does that guy have cerebral palsy?"

I'd like to see this guy try and 'ninja up' any of the 1st Dan's where I train. :lol:

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've heard of this guy in the past, but really knew nothing of him. That levitation video is absolutely unbelievable, I don't know what to think after having seen it...

This puts me to mind of the short-lived natural law party, which ran many candidates in the federal election here years. The co-founder of the Canadian branch of the party was the late illusionist Doug Henning. During the campaign they touted healing benefits of Yogic Flying, which seemed to require a lot of exertion. Apparently, the party also fielded candidates in the US and the UK.

Yogic flying in action:

The Natural Law Party of Canada: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_Law_Party_of_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:

Kichigai-no-Okami

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'd like to see this guy try and 'ninja up' any of the 1st Dan's where I train. :lol:
That's what the hell i'm talkin' about! Assuming that your talking about Ashita Kim, unbelievably, this guy has "dojo"( if you wanna call it that) even as far away as Germany and South Africa. Even though, you gotta give the man credit. He's been able to dupe people with his con for the better part of 20 years.
This man would get himself KILLED trying to dance with someone from 'Buj'.

newtothe dark

Purple Belt
Reaction score
It is really ashame with all the waza and what not in the Buj we still keep coming back to AK I know I am as bad as the next guy. I wish we could drop the smoke and HE would dissappear but not so lucky.:banghead:

Albertus

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
This is from RMA, so get a few grains of salt:

Ashida Kim = Christopher Hunter

As of 1997, he was operating out of Lakeland, FL.

Apparently, back before the name change and at the beginning of the 'ninja boom', he wrote a book under his real name called The Ninja Training Manual or somesuch. Hold on. I'll see if I can find anything on that...

...searching...
...got it.

Okay, Ninja Training Manual was written in the mid-90's. I think he was trying to write under his real name in a pathetic attempt to get some credibility. After all, how many 'koga ryu' masters do you know with a Japanese first name and Korean last name and don't have a single drop of Asian blood in them?

It's so sad, it's funny. And vice-versa.
Cthulhu

Christopher Hunter wrote a book in 1980 called The Book of the Ninja. It was renamed The Ninja training manual : self-defense and fighting secrets in 1996 but it has absolutely nothing to do with Ninjutsu.

Obi Wan Shinobi

Green Belt
Reaction score
"Ashida Kim = Christopher Hunter"

********* also claims that Ashida Kim is also know as Radford Davis.

"As of 1997 he was operating out of Lakeland, Fl."

Just my luck that this guys operates in my area...but actually he's based out of Lake Alfred which is only 20 minutes from Lakeland. I once encountered an individual named Pedro who was in jail here and there and sometimes comes to visit at the jail back when I was working as a Detention Deputy for Polk County. I once noticed he had a NIN kanji on the back of his neck and I asked him what that meant. He said that he studied Ninjutsu or should I say Ninjitsu...lol. I asked him who his instructor was but I don't remember the name but he said that his instructor was trained by "Grandmaster Ashida Kim" All I could say was...WOW!

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
That bag over his head was a great idea, he should wear it at all times.
Still moves like a yellow belt who is too full of himself after his first grading tho.

DaleDugas

My door is always open.
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kim is nothing but a mouthboxing blowhard who has visions of grandeur. He is no ninja anything as he never trained in an actual Ninpo Ryu Ha but made up his training.

In one of this early books his black belt gave it away. On it was the Korean characters for Tae Kwon Do.

Enough said.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is the thread that never ends
Yes it goes on and on, my friend...

Latest Discussions