Ashida Kim

C

clapping_tiger

As for who he is: http://www.ashidakim.com/

I don't know what I think of him. I have never met him or seen anything on him anywhere but on his own website.

I think his $10,000 challenge is a joke. Nobody would pay those amounts just to fight someone. Perhaps that is the point, if you don't meet those standards he doesn't have to show his skill. It is a match, not a streetfight. Something doesn't seem right about this guy though. here is something from his "Have Black Belt Will Travel" section I am not exactly sure what they are offering here.

Applicants should be 18 years or older. 1st Degree Black Belt (Yudansha) level or above. And present copies of sufficient documentation to confirm age; rank; style (if any); sensei, military or professional experience; contact address; and services offered. (teaching, security, bodyguard, free-lance, medical, rescue, communications, etc.)

DOJO-Academy of Martial Arts will screen all applicants and post those deemed to be legitimate.

Ranks are considered to be of military equivalency. 1st Degree is equivalent to 1st Lieutenant; 2nd Degree to 2nd Lieutenant; 3rd Dan equals Captain; 4th Dan is the beginning of administrational duties and is equivalent to Major; 5th Degree equals Colonel. There are no ranks above 5th Dan in the field. Post your rank accordingly.

This is a FREE service of DOJO-Academy of Martial Arts.

Neither YUDANSHA INTERNATIONAL nor DOJO-Academy of Martial Arts, nor any of their subsidiaries nor agents assumes any responsibility for the validity of these advertisements, nor the quality of service. But, we have found that given an opportunity most martial artists can rise to the occasion and perform well above even their own expectations.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A search will turn up lots of Ashida Kim info. on this site! Also look for the somewhat related "Count Dante" discussions.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ASHIDA KIM???

WHAT DO I THINK OF HIM???

:bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird:

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
... and what is the new icon? It reminds me of the Karate Kid (no insult to "Karate" is intended ... unlike the movie), you know, the Cobra Khan Dojo guys with the Cobra on their gi's.

-MB

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ashida Kim (aka Christopher Hunter) sold a lot of books cashing in on the ninja craze of the '80s. Those books show technique that is laughable at best. If he's any good, he didn't show it in his first two books. He did, however, get my money. That's my bad, but hey- you live, you learn.

BTW, Technopunk, I've been meaning to tell you I really like your new avatar. Yo, Joe! :supcool:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A few years before that! I didn't know what a joke it was, though even then I was somewhat suspicious after reading it.

He seems to still make money off this "Ashida Kim" thing...how can you argue with success like that?

G

Greg Chapman

He's a freak, just a wannabe who influences kids and nutters!

newtothe dark

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Wow Ashida Kim reborn lol Thought this had been beat to death

Ashida id God I will drink the purple Koolaide

:lool::toilclaw:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow Ashida Kim reborn lol Thought this had been beat to death

Ashida id God I will drink the purple Koolaide

:lool::toilclaw:

He is one man that has been mis-guiding folks for years, some people will buy anything.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
From all I have read in other places his big challange has been accepted or at lest a few have tried to accept it but if you have ever read all the provisions he has in place NO ONE will ever ever meet them so the challange will stand
never met him or read his books but he has always sounded, shall we say, a little untrue

newtothe dark

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Do we really need to talk about him? Doing so just feeds his ego and is a topic best left to the ashes of time.

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Here is what I think of Ashida Kim:

His martial arts skill to me are look like Kenpo mixed with Judo. He mixes Chinese and Japanese termology.

I find his writings to be a mix of religous.psychology,movie quotes mixed into it.

His Qigong book Iron body Ninja basically steals word for word from Stephen Chang's book The complete book of internal exercises(At least he admits it)

When I was younger his book seemed more appealing than Stephen Hayes
I mean Ninja mind control just sounds cool when your 10.

Latest Discussions