Arnis/Escrima stick fighting in Maryland?

Natt

White Belt
Reaction score
Anyone know a place that teaches Arnis, escrima, kali stick fighting in Maryland? Private lessons maybe

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 39746

This place in baltimore says it's TKD but the name indicates it might combine with Arnis

Going off face value on name, that sounds horrible. :p

More in the realm of something which says it does bartitsu but just does cane choreography.

i will try and have a look to see if i can find any U.S organizations which compile lists, might not be in the region but its worth something.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

More in the realm of something which says it does bartitsu but just does cane choreography.

i will try and have a look to see if i can find any U.S organizations which compile lists, might not be in the region but its worth something.
What about the name makes it sound horrible? I see no reason why TKD and arnis couldn't go well together. Unless it's the Ocampo part-I have no idea if that means anything or is just the instructor's name.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

What about the name makes it sound horrible? I see no reason why TKD and arnis couldn't go well together. Unless it's the Ocampo part-I have no idea if that means anything or is just the instructor's name.

I just looked on the website again-yup Ocampo is just the family name.

D

Deleted member 39746

Besides that little joking jab. I just looked into it, and they dont use arnis anywehre on there barring trade name. I personally wouldnt have hopes up it is arnis and if its diluted into the curriculum what is arnis and TKD can be hard to determine unless you have enough experiene in either to see the techniques etc.

unless i missed something, but they probably just use it for weapon stuff, arnis tends to get dragged into things for that sometimes.

How ever they say they do TKD as written and intended, so you cant get more traditional in TKD than the literal written down curriculum of the founder, so thats a plus of it. :p

Latest Discussions