Are you a Speedo guy?

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I always said I would never wear Speedo. The image in my mind is the guy with a hairy back wearing those tiny shorts :). Having said that, I now have a pair of Speedo board shorts and goggles. The quality is very good. I'm into swimming and now my kids are good swimmers so we're spending alot of time in the water together this summer.

So, is it me or does Speedo have a reputation? What is your swimming apparel of choice?
And what do you women think of the Speedo thing :).

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have several speedos. NONE of them are banana hammocks. Those are nasty.

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
On the day I'm so good at swimming that I wax off my body hair to reduce water resistance to help me shave a tenth of a second off that chinese 16 year old's time, I might throw on a pair of budgie smugglers for the same reason. Until that day, Speedo will have to live without my hard-earned. Baggies all the way!

And that's coming from someone who lives in the land of Speedos, socks and sandals.

Gnarlie

kitkatninja

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Are you a Speedo guy?

Na, maybe as a laugh I'll wear a mankini though

C_67_article_2040753_body_articleblock_0_bodyimage.jpg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Are you a Speedo guy? :lfao: Not just no but hell no...no body needs to or wants to see that.

So, is it me or does Speedo have a reputation?

Nah, it's just you :uhyeah:

What is your swimming apparel of choice?

Regular old pair of men's swim trunks

And what do you women think of the Speedo thing :).

Well I only have two opinions to go on here, and I have never wore them so they were not actually laughing at me at the time :D. An ex-fiancée who thought they were rather funny and they made her laugh and my wife who thinks they are stupid unless you are competing in swimming in the Olympics.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Board shorts. Anything goes in Vegas..except old men in speedos. *shudder*

OP
Tames D

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yep, board shorts are the way to go. I've always preferred O'Neil and Body Glove products. But these new speedo board shorts are good quality also.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Funny story. I usually go down to the neighborhood pool at night or early morning to swim. Last Thurs I took my nieces out there in the afternoon and some dudes were there racing each other thinking they were hot stuff. It was fun destroying their dreams of being actually good at something and taking their money.

Silly them not knowing I can cover the whole pool with one good kick turn/dolphin kick.

Latest Discussions