Are we sure there is no conection?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's horrible :(

Not enough info to really say how much the game ties in to it. The correlation is obvious, but correlation does not necessarily mean causation. I'd speculate that a hotly selfish desire to have the game fueled the attack more than the game's content -- for the same reason some folks have been brutalized after picking up certain types of Rx meds.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
well, RX meds give you a buzz and can be valuable on the street...

It is a tragic irony that the man was robbed of a game that is founded on such behavior.

Of course, there is no real causation.

But sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is one of those things that make you go hmmmmm, isn't it? He didn't get attacked over the latest title of Pokemon.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
People take this gaming crap serious. I once caught a guy on radar doing 78 in a 25 and he blew through 2 red lights bfore I caught up to him. His excuse was he just bought the new Call of Duty and needed to get home and play it.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
People take this gaming crap serious. I once caught a guy on radar doing 78 in a 25 and he blew through 2 red lights bfore I caught up to him. His excuse was he just bought the new Call of Duty and needed to get home and play it.

Please tell me you abused your authority in a physical manner...

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

I am hoping he missed the first few hours of game play!

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Nonsense! My son hasn't been to Maryland in years.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Honestly when he told me why he was driving like that I was speechless for like 30 seconds I just stared at him. It was like 1am he said he had been waiting to buy the game since 9 am the day bbefore the store started selling them at midnight and he had to go play it. I seriously looked like a crack head junkie needing a fix. I think he was actually addicted to a game.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Honestly when he told me why he was driving like that I was speechless for like 30 seconds I just stared at him. It was like 1am he said he had been waiting to buy the game since 9 am the day bbefore the store started selling them at midnight and he had to go play it. I seriously looked like a crack head junkie needing a fix. I think he was actually addicted to a game.

But the question was: Did the truth set him free! :lol:

I have to say, going home is about the worst excuse/reason for committing several severe moving violations....joy-riding would have been better....

But yeah, he had it bad, camping out at a store that long for a stupid game...no, really, I think the game is stupid....

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It's ridiculous how some people get over such superficial items. I remember working security on Black Friday in a mall back when Furbies first came out and I literally had to break up 4 fights that morning. It left me speechless watching grown adults fighting over toys. It made me want to put them in a time out for crying out loud.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's ridiculous how some people get over such superficial items. I remember working security on Black Friday in a mall back when Furbies first came out and I literally had to break up 4 fights that morning. It left me speechless watching grown adults fighting over toys. It made me want to put them in a time out for crying out loud.

In a way I understand people wanting so hard to get something their kid really wants. I wouldnt fight over a toy but add the stress of trying to get the toy with the attitude and behavior of other crazy folks its a powder keg

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Call of Doody is probably responsible for many many speeding tickets.

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
In a way I understand people wanting so hard to get something their kid really wants. I wouldnt fight over a toy but add the stress of trying to get the toy with the attitude and behavior of other crazy folks its a powder keg

I get that as well, but dang it's just a trip to see how grown adults will act, crazy or not. Don't get me wrong, I love my boys to death, but there is nothing and I mean nothing that would have me standing outside a store for hours to get and there is certainly nothing worth me fighting over.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I get that as well, but dang it's just a trip to see how grown adults will act, crazy or not. Don't get me wrong, I love my boys to death, but there is nothing and I mean nothing that would have me standing outside a store for hours to get and there is certainly nothing worth me fighting over.
I agree 100% I'm not waiting in line for anything. That's why I got a wife

Latest Discussions