Apologies

Darrencowan

Green Belt
Reaction score
First off, I would like to appologize to everyone in here for my behavior. It was very unprofessional and for that I'm sorry. I brought up some topics that offended people, I acted arrogant and mean. I would like to get off on another foot. Can you please respect me and what I have to say and if you disagree, then let us have a civilized discussion. I will not disrespect or try to descridit you and I ask the same from you. Let's put this all behind.

I came in here angry because I felt people here were disrespecting my Grand Master and the style I've studied since I was a child. I'm not saying this to boast, I'm saying this because martial arts has helped me. I may have been in many fights, but my training has gotten me out of a lot more. I am a heavy metal journalist, and sometimes people at concerts get out of control and fight breaks out. I do not like fighting, in fact, that is one of the tenents of Sanchin Ryu. I think I posted that post about fighting to stoke my ego because I've studied a long time and I don't always feel it's been effective.

That being said, can we please start anew? I have met some amazing people on here. I love hearing about your styles and philosophy. I would like to learn more.

Again, I apologize to anyone I may have disrespected. Here's an imaginary beer! Let's be friends and learn from each other

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MT. Punisher is a good guy, also sanchinryu, and quite respected around here. He'd be a good model.

You may have noticed we're not much on style versus style around here. We try to respect each other as martial artists and people. We're a friendly group.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First off, I would like to appologize to everyone in here for my behavior. It was very unprofessional and for that I'm sorry. I brought up some topics that offended people, I acted arrogant and mean. I would like to get off on another foot. Can you please respect me and what I have to say and if you disagree, then let us have a civilized discussion. I will not disrespect or try to descridit you and I ask the same from you. Let's put this all behind.

I came in here angry because I felt people here were disrespecting my Grand Master and the style I've studied since I was a child. I'm not saying this to boast, I'm saying this because martial arts has helped me. I may have been in many fights, but my training has gotten me out of a lot more. I am a heavy metal journalist, and sometimes people at concerts get out of control and fight breaks out. I do not like fighting, in fact, that is one of the tenents of Sanchin Ryu. I think I posted that post about fighting to stoke my ego because I've studied a long time and I don't always feel it's been effective.

That being said, can we please start anew? I have met some amazing people on here. I love hearing about your styles and philosophy. I would like to learn more.

Again, I apologize to anyone I may have disrespected. Here's an imaginary beer! Let's be friends and learn from each other
Welcome to MT. You'll find plenty of things to disagree about here - most of us do. Most of the disagreements remain civil, and some of us even poke fun at each other when we disagree. You'll also find a lot of folks with a long background in the arts. This is a place I can come to and feel like a relative newbie compared to some of the members - that's an unusual sensation for me, and kinda fun.

Kick back and have some fun.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nice to see you on here. Most of the people on here are good people and genuinely love the arts of all kinds. Most of the bad mouthing (that I see) usually is people in the same style but maybe a different lineage or organization. Those always tend to get heated.

Usually, when someone is REALLY bad mouthing something you will notice that they don't have very many total posts and usually just joined up here with an axe to grind about a particular topic. Long time people on here take it with a grain of salt.

If you look on here (or elsewhere) you can find bad stuff on just about every famous instructor or style out there. You can also find people who studied "style X" and left it for "style Y" and find other people who studied "style Y" and went to "style X" because they loved that one. So what one person enjoys, another person doesn't. Don't sweat it and take it personal, just educate when/where you can and clear up misunderstandings with facts and knowledge. No matter what style a person chooses, the only important questions are, "Does it work for YOU?" and "Do YOU enjoy doing it?". No one else can answer that question for you.

OP
Darrencowan

Darrencowan

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm not here to bash any style. I want to learn and become a more rounded person and come to understand some different strikes and philosophies.

Punisher, great name and avatar. Do you like the Netflix Daredevil series?

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
No worries,

I do enjoy the netflix series. Looking forward to the Punisher spin off coming out this year.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy the site!

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score

I am not even aware of anything you mentioned in this post, so there is no bad blood here.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT. Punisher is a good guy, also sanchinryu, and quite respected around here. He'd be a good model.

You may have noticed we're not much on style versus style around here. We try to respect each other as martial artists and people. We're a friendly group.

You're right. In the Wing Chun board, there IS a lot of lineage vs. lineage though. I think Wing Chun people bash each other more than people from outside styles. LOL

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I brought up some topics that offended people, I acted arrogant and mean. I would like to get off on another foot. Can you please respect me and what I have to say and if you disagree, then let us have a civilized discussion. I will not disrespect or try to descridit you and I ask the same from you. Let's put this all behind.

I came in here angry because I felt people here were disrespecting my Grand Master and the style I've studied
I'll repeat some advice I offered in another thread: Life is a lot less stressful when you only worry about giving proper respect to others and don't get too hung up on whether they are giving you the respect you feel you are owed. At least I've found that works out well for me.

OP
Darrencowan

Darrencowan

Green Belt
Reaction score
true that and I thought that too. I stressed myself out yesterday. That's part of my illness, I'll make decisions sometimes on a whim and not stop, slow down and make a deliberation.

Latest Discussions