Anyone here own a pair of...

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Butterfly knives?

Although I'm no expert in them, I do think they look very cool. Was also wondering if anyone could recommend a decent manufacturer? Interested to know thanks.

WAAAHAHAHA!!! SLASH! HACK! *Stand and admire in the mirrror* ;)

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes I have had them for twenty years or so and they are still cool today.
Terry

OP
Kensai

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
Well of course I have a pair of Butterfly knives, doesn't everyone!?!?!?!?

As to where to but some, not sure, maybe here
http://www.wckfc.com/supplies/supplies.htm

Good ones tend to be expensive, and there is another site, but I can't remember it right now, if I do I will post it.

No...*Hangs head in shame* I don't even have a wallbag. That's naff. :(

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Kensai said:
No...*Hangs head in shame* I don't even have a wallbag. That's naff. :(

NO BUTTERFLY KNIVES!!! :whip: THAT&#8217;S it, I shall respond to you no more :)

Just kidding, when I get a chance I will try and find the other link. I believe mine were from someplace like AWMA and they needed to be customized a bit before use and they are not that good. They are heavy and they were cheap (but I got them back when dinosaurs walked the earth), but still not the best

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sifu Wing Lam in Sunnyvale California both sells butterfly knives, and does some custom work as well. They are a bit pricey, but I'd always prefer to pay more for quality. I don't know if he ships internationally, but you can certainly check out his website. He has a complete martial arts supply business. His website is www.WLE.com.

My sifu knows him, and feels he is a solid kung fu person.

Jimi

Black Belt
Reaction score
Don't go to century or awma, the butterfly knives they sell have a flat prong instead of rounded. That thumb like prong should be rounded much like a sai so you can flip the grip so to speak. The wing lam suggestion is a great one. PEACE

OP
Kensai

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Shaolinwind said:
Don't forget "oops! Sorry!"

LOL, yeah how could I forget. Or the *swing -SMASH....oops* Did that with my old katana. Cut a groove in my old hi-fi. *blushes*
Flying Crane wrote:
Sifu Wing Lam in Sunnyvale California both sells butterfly knives, and does some custom work as well. They are a bit pricey, but I'd always prefer to pay more for quality. I don't know if he ships internationally, but you can certainly check out his website. He has a complete martial arts supply business. His website is www.WLE.com.

My sifu knows him, and feels he is a solid kung fu person.

Thanks for that mate, not sure what it would be like bringing weapons into the UK. The UK is notoriously awkward in this regard... *hmmm*...

Thanks for all the other replies guys. :asian:

Found this site, great selection here methinks?

http://www.wcarchive.com/html/wing-chun-butterfly-swords.htm

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Flying Crane gave you the link I was looking for so I am free to go wield my butterfly knives now.

Which could make my co-workers a bit nervous, but they all work for the government, they're use to this sort of thing. :)

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
Flying Crane gave you the link I was looking for so I am free to go wield my butterfly knives now.

Which could make my co-workers a bit nervous, but they all work for the government, they're use to this sort of thing. :)

Stay away from the plumbing...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Flying Crane said:
Stay away from the plumbing...

OH SURE.... NOW you tell me...

You know it's amazing at how much water comes out of a sprinkler system if you chop one of the sprinkler heads

Well got ot go dry the butterfly knives...again

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
OH SURE.... NOW you tell me...

You know it's amazing at how much water comes out of a sprinkler system if you chop one of the sprinkler heads

Well got ot go dry the butterfly knives...again

HA! I KNEW IT!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
A guy has one little incident with a da dow and copper pipe and you just won't let him forget it

Hey, I got to get out of here the water is almost up to my desktop, but the waterfall going down the stairs looks pretty cool

OP
Kensai

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
A guy has one little incident with a da dow and copper pipe and you just won't let him forget it

Hey, I got to get out of here the water is almost up to my desktop, but the waterfall going down the stairs looks pretty cool

:lol2:

monji112000

Green Belt
Reaction score
http://members.tripod.com/~Wing_Chun/Knife.html

I don't know if Sigung Duncan sells them anymore. I held one of them once they seemed like good practice knives. I know that it is best to get custom knives that are the correct length for your arms. But for basic practicing anything works. I would get a long pole,tire,spring arm, wooden man before buying a set of knives. JMO

OP
Kensai

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
monji112000 said:
http://members.tripod.com/~Wing_Chun/Knife.html

I don't know if Sigung Duncan sells them anymore. I held one of them once they seemed like good practice knives. I know that it is best to get custom knives that are the correct length for your arms. But for basic practicing anything works. I would get a long pole,tire,spring arm, wooden man before buying a set of knives. JMO

Oh sure, I was just wondering really. They do look cool. I do need to obtain a good deal of training kit really. Thanks for the reply. :asian:

Latest Discussions