Anyone getting weird errors?

S

Shinzu

sorry.. i got the problem fixed. it was on my end. no other problems with MT here.

T

The Sapphire Ping Dragon

Hi,

I don't want to bother anybody but I'm having a problem with my post count. :( This is my 22nd post (I think) but it's been stuck at 15. This is the first chance I've had to post in ages as I rarely have internet access and it might be awhile before I can post again too. It was working for a little while today. It went from 9 (I think) to 15 but then it just quit.

Thank you! :asian:

Brittany :asian:

T

The Sapphire Ping Dragon

Hey it went up this time! But I still should be a yellow belt by now. :(

Brittany :asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Posts made in the Urusai Bar & Grill do not count toward your post count and belt ranks. Sorry! Other posts do count.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador
Posts made in the Urusai Bar & Grill do not count toward your post count and belt ranks. Sorry! Other posts do count.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

Thanks Arnisador. :) Quite a simple answer but also probably the last one I would have expected! :eek: I did not know that! I'll tell Brittany. The other day, we were having fun doing those quizzes for her and she wanted to see her belt finally change from white to yellow and we couldn't figure out why it was "stuck".

We got her avatar from the list of avatars that Budoseek provides if you wanted to know. :)

While I have a moderater here...what does "referrals" mean in a person's profile? I've had 0 for the longest time and some months back it changed to 1. Weird. Thanks.

Robyn :asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It means that someone signed up for MartialTalk and indicated that they were referred heer by you. At one point we had a contest for how many referrals a person got!

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for answering! :) Yeah, go see Budoseek. They have 4 pages of avatars and some of them are really neat. I don't think the Aikido one that I'm using today is from Budoseek. I probably found it from somewhere else.

Robyn :asian:

Attachments

• $dragon2.gif
    $dragon2.gif
    4.7 KB · Views: 184

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here's a weird one for ya. I went from 2nd black with 750+ posts to 1st black with 650. What happened to the other 100 or so posts?

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We're cleaning up some of the older threads from the locker room and general martial arts forums, and as a result post counts are dropping a bit. They will yoyo a little bit while we sort through things. Should settle down shortly.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We're cleaning up some of the older threads from the locker room and general martial arts forums, and as a result post counts are dropping a bit. They will yoyo a little bit while we sort through things. Should settle down shortly
o.k. thanks. Didn't know what was going on. Have I really been here long enough for some of my posts to have gathered dust? Cool.:D

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A couple of times in the past few days I've come to the site and had many new post markers, entered a forum and had them all reset across the whole site. It's very annoying!

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Acknowledged.

New versions almost ready...few more weeks I feel at most. That should take care of alot of issues. :)

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador
A couple of times in the past few days I've come to the site and had many new post markers, entered a forum and had them all reset across the whole site. It's very annoying!

Very, very annoying. :(

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is anyone else having this problem?

The current timeout is 30 minutes. If you walk awy from the computer, or take a while to read/respond it may cause these resets.

You shouldn't have that problem though if you are actively navigating through the site. (In other words, if you hit "New", read a post, hit "Back" on your browser or "New" again, you should still see stuff.)

There was a short 5 minute outage last night due to the server taking a little longer than normal on a reboot required by a security update.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
had a problem of not being able to access the site for a short period of time yesterday.
message read something to the effect that the site was not found

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's not a timeout issue for me--I go to the main page, then the forums, then a subforum, and when I enter it the new post markers are reset everywhere! It's not every time--it seems to happen more often when it's nearly 24 hours since the last time I checked the site.