Anybody turned on by this?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hate it, hate it, hate it.

I HATE steroid bodies. Women and men. But I think in women the images are particulary damaging because so many women shy away from exercises that will do so much good for their bodies long-term because of a fear of "getting all bulky".

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
These are actually men. MMA fighters from England.

(just kidding Tez. or am I?)
icon12.gif

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ya know, I understand about body building. I understand that it can be a good pasttime for some... I understand it CAN get addicting. I understand that it can boost self-esteem and self image and bla bla bla

What I don't understand is why these women would go to the extreme that some men have (and even THEY can get gross). Basically many of them have lost their (ok, stereotypical) femininity. Some of their breasts have been replaced with just muscle and their bodies lost that sleekness that women usually have. I don't mean just runway, swimsuit, hollywood and etc types but just even regular women with "average bodies" or "a few pounds" have at least a feminine shape, figure... whatever.

These women... gone woah from attractive to grotesque. Also like Omar observed their faces ...

Too extreme... way too extreme those examples.
I went out a couple of times with a body building lady... she could bench 400+ she was stout, but when she was naked... she was still a woman.
So... these ladies are stuck with the bodies they've built. One wonders exactly deep down inside if they're really happy with what they've created?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are actually men. MMA fighters from England.

(just kidding Tez. or am I?)
icon12.gif

Welsh you mean boyo! LOL!

I watched a documentary a while back about an English girl who'd taken up body building and entered competitions here and in America, we saw photos of her when she was younger, a very pretty girl with a soft face and now shes got as Omar said that hard jawline, very masculine looking and that awful body. Steroids obviously and she talked about wanting kids! What I also found horrible was that she starved and dehydrated herself for a competition (along with the others) so much that posing exhausted her. I do find the men equally horrible!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Why am I making this connection?

3994487271_ac76966d64_o.jpg

Goodness when I see women so horribly defined I get shivers. I am reminded to of the "Blood God" finale in Blade, as though something is so swollen it going to pop ewww.. Gives the term "ripped" another meaning for me I think! I agree with you Tez, I do not like to see men this pumped either.

Do these people have maladjusted self-images??

I worry there is a serious esteem problem maybe underlying? I do not understand why people would take their physique to these extremes?? And I would not approve of the organisations that promote these forms as competition.

Would we be expected to applaud the efforts of women who worked to this level of obsessive extreme in making themselves SUPER SUPER SKINNY???

I do not understand why this is acceptable and praised????

Jenna x

TigerLove

Green Belt
Reaction score
Question was very simply, with no additional philosophy: Does somebody turning on on this pics.

For me, also very simply answer: Me not. No any femininity in them, according to my taste (instinct, better said).

Just to say, in other way i respect this females, because they probably knowed that becaming a ripped bodybuilder will reject most males. But they didn't give up because of that, they are like ''I will be what i wanna be, no matter who likes or who don't.'' - i respect it. But, that's not giving them femininity.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Question was very simply, with no additional philosophy: Does somebody turning on on this pics.

For me, also very simply answer: Me not. No any femininity in them, according to my taste (instinct, better said).
Ahh but additional philosophy is beneficial for discussion :) And what is it to be human beyond a series of complex philosophical interchanges ;) Jenna x

TigerLove

Green Belt
Reaction score
I agree. I didn't even say differently - i just said i will say it simply.

Greetings!!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know little about body building but are they as fit as they look? Are they really very strong or it is just a look of large muscles if you know what I mean? Could they do one one those strongman type of competitions for example?

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I know little about body building but are they as fit as they look? Are they really very strong or it is just a look of large muscles if you know what I mean? Could they do one one those strongman type of competitions for example?
Maybe it is just wishful thinking on my part and but I imagine that to be a body jammed full of "useless" muscle. I would not necessarily be intimidated by such a physique in a confrontation?? Maybe I am wrong?

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
H G Wells was right! The aliens have indeed landed. :erg:

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's disgusting. They have masculinized themselves. Why would that turn anyone on? As has been mentioned, they are loaded with steroids, even their faces have become masculine. When a woman trains without steroids, she could never become bulked up to an unfeminine degree. Like Carol, I have heard women say they don't want to become bulked up if they train, they don't understand they could never look like those pictures.

I also find male body builders on steroids a turn off. I prefer to see a muscular human body in it's natural state of fitness. Not to mention the health detriments of taking steroids.

To sum it up....yuk.