Anybody going to the east coast Buyu camp this wekeend (9/25 - 9/27)?

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm planning on being there Saturday with a bunch of guys from my training group.

Peace,
Erik

OP
B

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
I attended the Saturday session of the east coast Buyu camp. It was a great time. The weather was perfect, the rain held off until after we left for the day. I'm sure they're all rolling around in the mud this morning though :)

This was my first Buyu camp (or BBT seminar of any kind for that matter). As a relative newbie I didn't really know what to expect. It was great though. The first class was run by Jack Hoban and it was 2 1/2 hours of working the basics. It was exactly what i needed...my training group is mostly advanced experienced guys. We do basics every class, but often they go into more advanced stuff. I do my best to hang. It was really nice to just get to step by step work through some basic kata and such. That alone was worth the price of admission for me.

After lunch, I got to do a class on small movement fighting run by Ed Martin. He's a fantastic teacher and it was great to work on my generation of relaxed power in really close quarters. Asa big guy, it's good to learn to generate short power.

The final class I attended was on Kotto Ryu, run by a German gentleman by the name of Steffen. "it's so easy, ya." is now my new favorite catch phrase. :) Again, learning some really fantastic fundamental stuff. Steffen's grace and power were really amazing.

I'm now trying to assimilate the information overload and hope some things stick. I've been told I 'll have to present some stuff I learned at class tonight so that's motivation to try to remember some things.

It was good times :)

Peace,
Erik

stephen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I was there all three days. It was really great with so many people participating from all over.

Latest Discussions