Any soldier who gave his/her life...

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not sure if there is already a thread for this, but here is another one. Please "post" to those who have given the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom and liberties. If you personally know of someone, please post theri story here.

I pray for all of those fallen soldiers and their families.

Thank you!

Cujo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
BM1 David Clark. Beirut Lebanon, 1983. Miss you buddy, I'll see ya on the other side.
Pax
Cujo:asian:

aplonis

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Military personell do not give their lives. They risk their lives surely, but each must expect, or at least hope, to survive themself. This give their lives phrase is a euphemism, and false. Those who are killed have their lives forcefully wrested from them. They do not give up their lives willingly. Risk them, yes. Give them no.

The give word is false. A soldier's purpose is not to give their life. Their purpose is to take the lives of enemy soldiers and come back alive themselves. Ask any living military how they feel about giving versus taking of life.

Gan Uesli Starling
Kalamazoo MI USA

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Army 1LT Adam Mooney, Hand to Hand combatives

Lost when his scout helicopter hit a set of nearly imperceptable wires crossing the Tigris River in Mosul, Iraq, Feb 04.

Taken from a new wife and daughter.

Have my beer waitin' at Fiddler's Green, I'll see you there.

Air Force 1LT Tamara Long Archuleta, Sandan Goju Ryu Karate

Lost when her Helicopter struck a mountain in Afganistan, flying to lend aid to children in need of medical attention.

Taken from her parents, her son, her Fiance and many friends.

The sister that I never got to meet.

OP
HKphooey

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
aplonis said:
Military personell do not give their lives. They risk their lives surely, but each must expect, or at least hope, to survive themself. This give their lives phrase is a euphemism, and false. Those who are killed have their lives forcefully wrested from them. They do not give up their lives willingly. Risk them, yes. Give them no.

The give word is false. A soldier's purpose is not to give their life. Their purpose is to take the lives of enemy soldiers and come back alive themselves. Ask any living military how they feel about giving versus taking of life.

Gan Uesli Starling
Kalamazoo MI USA

However you choose to phrase it...you freedom to do so. Many go into battle knowing the chances are slim. As for just taking lives, there are many at the battlefront saving lives (and not just of fellow soldiers, but "locals").

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Thank you to all who have posted so far.

OP
HKphooey

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Army Sergeant Steve M. Sakoda
101st Airborne Division
Iraq, April 27, 2006

OP
HKphooey

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Marine Cpl. Brandon M. Hardy, 25, of Cochranville, Pa.Marine Sgt. Lea R. Mills, 21, of Brooksville, Fla.

Both were died on April 28, 2006

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I can’t believe there’s a debate in this thread. No matter what our views on the whys and wherefores of the various conflicts, soldiers who die in service have made the ultimate sacrifice.

Military and LE Officers put their lives on the line and walk in places where you and I might not wish to go.

We owe them more than we care to think sometimes, both serving and fallen. Every last one.

:asian:

Yr most obdt hmble svt,
Jenna

OP
HKphooey

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Please take a moment to find the name of a soldier from you town, state or country that has died in the field of battle.

It is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for the posts so far.

Also, there are some great organizations out there, doing what they can for our soldiers. Get involved - the packages and letters are greatly appreciated.

Here is one form my state of CT:
http://www.ctsos.org/

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 Spc. Eric D. King, 29, 1st Squadron, 67th Armored Battalion, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division, Vancouver, Washington

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Staff Sgt. Abraham G. Twitchell, 28, of Yelm, Washington. Twitchell was assigned to the Combat Service Support Group-1, 1st Marine Logistics Group, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Twentynine Palms, California.

Latest Discussions