Any legit Karate schools in North Dallas metroplex?

Reaction score
I'm looking for a legit Karate school to train at in the North Dallas area. I live in Allen and I'm looking for a hard style of karate preferably. Anyone know of any good schools?

Charlemagne

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm looking for a legit Karate school to train at in the North Dallas area. I live in Allen and I'm looking for a hard style of karate preferably. Anyone know of any good schools?

A quick search shows many Okinawan Karate schools in the DFW area. How legit they are, and how seriously they train in terms of full resistance and full speed is not easy to determine from a website.

I would want to know more about this school and this instructor if it were me. He claims lineage from multiple high level instructors in three different systems of Karate, so who knows what he is actually teaching or what his credentials to teach are: Genjikai Karate and Tai Chi

In addition, there appears to be a legit Shorin Ryu school there, but it is impossible to tell how hard they train without asking. Shorin Ryu is a beautiful style, and has the ability to be quite effective if practiced properly. Kaizen Martial Arts

The guys from "Karate Culture" are Shorin Ryu practitioners, so if you could find someone affiliated with them, that might work well:
Global Network
karate culture - YouTube

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You've switched your mind on the style like 5 times in the past week...it matters a lot less than you think. Just find a school you enjoy, of any style, and stick with it. Otherwise you'll lose out on a couple months training just debating where to go.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If your anywhere near Athens, TX, there’s the Athens karate school which teaches Shorin Ryu. I don’t know anything about it other than Tom Araya is a nidan there.

If you don’t know the name Tom Araya, he’s the lead singer and bassist in the thrash metal band Slayer. That should speak for itself :)