Anti-grappling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nevertheless there comes a point where there is no more doubt to give someone the benefit of.
So then its free to just bash the guy? Or do we just move on and ignore him and let him fade away? Dillman was purposly brought into this thread to take a cheap shot. He was not mentioned to provide value to the thread

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So then its free to just bash the guy? Or do we just move on and ignore him and let him fade away? Dillman was purposly brought into this thread to take a cheap shot. He was not mentioned to provide value to the thread

You have a good point in that he's really not relevant to this thread and Hanzou was taking a bit of a cheap shot by bringing him up. Probably the best way to move on and ignore him and let him fade away is to not bother defending him, since that does tend to make people think "are you kidding?" and go looking for evidence that he shouldn't be defended.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You have a good point in that he's really not relevant to this thread and Hanzou was taking a bit of a cheap shot by bringing him up. Probably the best way to move on and ignore him and let him fade away is to not bother defending him, since that does tend to make people think "are you kidding?" and go looking for evidence that he shouldn't be defended.
Im not defending him my opinion is it just takes a big man to talk about someone thats not here to defend themself. I got no problem if you want to tell me what you think of me Im here I can read and respond but to take shots at guys that are not here well...............

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So then its free to just bash the guy?

Dillman deserves the Kiai master treatment. In other words, he deserves to be a mocked pariah until the end of time.

Dillman was purposly brought into this thread to take a cheap shot. He was not mentioned to provide value to the thread

Dillman was brought up because you implied that techniques performed on compliant partners are always legit.

Not legit.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Dillman deserves the Kiai master treatment. In other words, he deserves to be a mocked pariah until the end of time.
OK but at one time that behavior wasnt allowed here. I guess new owners new rules either way its pretty telling....

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So then its free to just bash the guy?

OK, regarding my own comments and your use of the word "bash"...

Legitimate, measured criticism based on evidence does not equal "bashing". I have legitimate reasons to disapprove of what has been shown in some of the videoclips here. Now if you feel that some posters are getting trollish, by all means call them on it. Just don't try to shut down any and all critical discussion.

Oh and I fully appreciate that this forum is about the only place where people treat each other and their respective arts with courtesy and respect. That is especially the case with my main stomping ground, the WC sub-forum. In fact we've been picking up a fair number of new members who are basically refugees from other forums where people got so embrolled in partisanship and infighting that finally, just about everybody bailed.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
K-man

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
OK, regarding my own comments and your use of the word "bash"...

Legitimate, measured criticism based on evidence does not equal "bashing". I have legitimate reasons to disapprove of what has been shown in some of the videoclips here. Now if you feel that some posters are getting trollish, by all means call them on it. Just don't try to shut down any and all critical discussion.

Oh and I fully appreciate that this forum is about the only place where people treat each other and their respective arts with courtesy and respect. That is especially the case with my main stomping ground, the WC sub-forum. In fact we've been picking up a fair number of new members who are basically refugees from other forums where people got so embrolled in partisanship and infighting that finally, just about everybody bailed.
I agree totally. I am more than happy for someone to say, "in my opinion, there are flaws in this technique". When the technique is described as a joke or the instructor is labelled a fraud then I take offence, regardless of how bad it seems. Tear it apart by all means but explain why and give an opinion of how it could be done better. As ballen said, the behaviour we have witnessed over the last few months would not have been allowed in the past and go be honest I think it detracts from the forum and is a deterrent to others posting legitimate questions or making their contribution for fear of being held to ridicule. The beauty of this forum is the rich depth of contributors across a wide range of martial arts. That is what we can all gain from in a non-confrontational atmosphere. Now Hanzou claims he hasn't bashed any other style or any other martial artist. That obviously depends on the definition. Where it doesn't fit is in "Friendly Martial Arts Community". In the past we have seen a number of good people bail from here too and to me that is a real shame.
:asian:

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I agree totally. I am more than happy for someone to say, "in my opinion, there are flaws in this technique". When the technique is described as a joke or the instructor is labelled a fraud then I take offence, regardless of how bad it seems. Tear it apart by all means but explain why and give an opinion of how it could be done better. As ballen said, the behaviour we have witnessed over the last few months would not have been allowed in the past and go be honest I think it detracts from the forum and is a deterrent to others posting legitimate questions or making their contribution for fear of being held to ridicule. The beauty of this forum is the rich depth of contributors across a wide range of martial arts. That is what we can all gain from in a non-confrontational atmosphere. Now Hanzou claims he hasn't bashed any other style or any other martial artist. That obviously depends on the definition. Where it doesn't fit is in "Friendly Martial Arts Community". In the past we have seen a number of good people bail from here too and to me that is a real shame.

Wait. You think ballen is non confrontational?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Wait. You think ballen is non confrontational?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol poor Steve

you know I was even called a liberal the other day on a police forum I instantly thought how proud you would have been of me lol

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

The bashing seems to be replaced with passive aggressive emo posting. And lecturing. Which is still bashing.

So have you tried that guard escape yet?

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The only thing that should be bashed in martial arts is the pads.

No, this deserves to be bashed too;

OSrvgE.gif

This crap embarrasses all of us, and puts a stain on the martial artists who bust their arses for the improvement of their students and their art.

Also no one was bashing Hayes. No one called him a bad martial artist, and no one said that his Toshindo is bad MA.

He put out a bad technique, and he got called on it. It was well deserved.

As I said before, the real tragedy of that situation is Toshindo's reluctance to implement the guard into their ground-fighting system. If Hayes is serious about utilizing martial arts for self defense, ignoring the guard completely is a very puzzling decision.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
No, this deserves to be bashed too;

No it doesnt

1.10.2 No Art bashing.

No one art is "the best", no one "style" is the best. All have their strengths and weaknesses. Do your research and find what best fits your ability and need

4.16.1 Fraud Busting

Due to its nature, this forum encourages the asking and answering of questions. Many times one member will have questions and concerns about the history, skills, lineage, or paperwork of another member. In other cases, things may be stated on a webpage, flyer or article relating to a member that raises some questions. Sometimes, comments will have been made elsewhere and those issues carried over to MartialTalk.

MartialTalk and its staff encourage the polite and professional search for knowledge. Questions and concerns may be brought up, with the understanding that the other party is under no requirement to answer.

Most questions may be raised within the forums dedicated to a particular art or area of interest. For example, Kenpo Lineage questions in the Kenpo forum, are fine. Others of a more serious note, are to be limited to the “The Great Debate” forum.

Excessive “Inquisitor-style" questioning is not allowed and will be subject to administrative action. If you have had to ask a question more than 3 times, you are most likely running the risk of “excessive’.

In addition, “Hot Pursuit” actions will not be tolerated. The “Hot Pursuit” is defined as asking the same or similar questions in multiple threads and / or forums.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Oh, so you believe that it is? Please explain how something that is complete fantasy and non-existent is classified as a martial art.

I sweat, ache, and bleed everytime I walk out of my class. Placing my art in the same category with that Dillman trash is insulting, as it should be for any martial artist who truly sacrifices for their art.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh, so you believe that it is? Please explain how something that is complete fantasy and non-existent is classified as a martial art.

I sweat, ache, and bleed everytime I walk out of my class. Placing my art in the same category with that Dillman trash is insulting, as it should be for any martial artist who truly sacrifices for their art.
Please spare me that blood sweat and tears crap. I dont care what they do, what they teach, what they learn, what they call it, what they believe, its none of my business. I worry about me and what I do. I could not care any less what people I dont know in a place Ive never been do. There is no standard regulatory agency to say what can and cant be an art. If thats the kinda stuff that "insults" you then you need thicker skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions