Another wall bag thread

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm not saying boxers have weak wrist. I'm saying fighters who only ever punch with a wrap or glove on never learn proper body alignment and never properly strengthen the supporting muscles of the wrist and hands. So when they get in a fight without gloves they end up breaking bones. Happened to Mike Tyson. If you wear a knee brace on a perfectly healthy knee every time you run, than one day try and run without it, you'll more than likely hurt your knee. Because. Its. Weak. It never learned to stabilize itself.

As far as those studies not being about punching. See the attachment.
You can argue this point till you're blue in the face, but I've given actual scientific papers to look at and read.

Anyone want to talk about wall bag drills?
no you said fighter get weaker as they use gloves and wraps, that's what you need to evidence

you said you had science about wall bags not tennis rackets, one really doesn't prove the other. I could put up a paper about sunburn and it would be just as relevant as your science

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm unclear where in that post where anything was said about wall bags.
I said punching wall bags doesn't strenth your fingers he said it does, then he abandoned wall bags and started on tennis rackets and knees braces, in fact an6 thing but wall bags

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said punching wall bags doesn't strenth your fingers he said it does, then he abandoned wall bags and started on tennis rackets and knees braces, in fact an6 thing but wall bags
Yeah, you don't get to put your priorities on another's posts, mate. If you respond to their post, it should be (wait for it) a response to their post.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, you don't get to put your priorities on another's posts, mate. If you respond to their post, it should be (wait for it) a response to their post.
I think I can, but that post was a furtherance of the discussion and needs to be read and replied to in that context

OP
Y

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score

See you keep saying this b*******. No where does he say it strengthens his fingers. You build these stupid *** straw man arguments.... you don't approve of wall bags we get it.
After listening to you for the last two pages I'm ready to bang my head against the wall.... minus the wall bag for protection.

Highlander

Green Belt
Reaction score
I think I can, but that post was a furtherance of the discussion and needs to be read and replied to in that context
You shut the thread down with the very first response. The OP was asking for drills, not for people's opinions on wall bags.

Make no mistake, I didn't take time out of my life to respond for your benefit. I'm putting up this info for the people coming to this thread looking for information. If you lack the power of deduction that's not on me.
To bring it back to our horse theme....
You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make him drink.

OP
Y

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score

I have no idea what happened on that above post , I'm sure I tried to post something very clever but it ended up a one word response, which is like the exact opposite of clever.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You shut the thread down with the very first response. The OP was asking for drills, not for people's opinions on wall bags.

Make no mistake, I didn't take time out of my life to respond for your benefit. I'm putting up this info for the people coming to this thread looking for information. If you lack the power of deduction that's not on me.
To bring it back to our horse theme....
You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make him drink.
that's exactly why you tried to respond, clearly it wasnt for my benifit, as I asked for the scientific evidence you said you had for wall bags and boxers weak wrists.

you really shouldnt claim to have science on your side with out checking first.

tennis :p

Highlander

Green Belt
Reaction score
that's exactly why you tried to respond, clearly it wasnt for my benifit, as I asked for the scientific evidence you said you had for wall bags and boxers weak wrists.

you really shouldnt claim to have science on your side with out checking first.

tennis :p
I gave you the science behind it. You called it an "out dated law that was disproven". I think you're just a slow learner. Maybe try reading through this thread again ;)

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I gave you the science behind it. You called it an "out dated law that was disproven". I think you're just a slow learning. Maybe try reading through this thread again ;)
no you gave an example that had nothing at all to do with wall bags, if you claiming wall bags strengthen bones, that put up some measured evidence for it.

if you meant all along that tennis strengthen bones and not wall bags you should have made that clear, though why you would raise that in a thread about wall bags I'm not sure

Highlander

Green Belt
Reaction score
Wall bag drills
-double punch
-weight shift punch (shift with punch, square up with 2 punches, shift punch other side. Repeat)
-burst (2, 3, 5)
-step with punch
-punch with hand movement (tan,pak,fook, etc)
-general chain punch focusing on speed

OP
Y

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wall bag drills
-double punch
-weight shift punch (shift with punch, square up with 2 punches, shift punch other side. Repeat)
-burst (2, 3, 5)
-step with punch
-punch with hand movement (tan,pak,fook, etc)
-general chain punch focusing on speed

What in the hell are you going on about???
Oh yeah, wall bag drills... I almost forgot what this thread was about.

Latest Discussions