Another Jujutsu Bum

Darth F.Takeda

Blue Belt
Reaction score
All,

Came across this forum on another site, good discussions and civillaty.

I am a 2nd Dan in Icho Yama Ryu Aiki Jujutsu- Quantico Kai, under David Lamond. We also study Daito Ryu Aiki Jujutsu- KodoKai.
I started the arts in 83, under my step father , who studied in S.E. Asia, while in the USAF. He showed me things from TKD, Muay Thai and dirty fighting.
I studied TKD for a couple years as a teenager (O.K. who did'nt?=) but was expossed to Jujutsu, which made a strong impression on me.
I did some Choy Lay Fut, Goju and American Kenpo in my early 20s.
I came acrosss the Quantico Dojo about 10 years ago, and I have been with them ever since. I knew they were teaching the kind of Jujutsu I had been loooking for since 15, and a whole lot more.
Since then I have cross trained with Dave Wink's Full contact FMA-IMA group,I studied CQC (McCann's system) under Rod Taylor. I have also trained with Bruce H Chui, of Modern Arnis and Small Circle Jiu Jitsu.
I have also had the priveledge of training with Lt.Col George Bristol, founder of the Marine Corps Martial Arts Program, a few times. He was a student of Sensei Lamond in the early to mid 90s.
I have entered 2 AAU Sport Jujutsu tournaments, but self and innocent protection is my main concern.
I also study gunfighting.

Thank you for reading and SHUGYO!

Dylan

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk! Enjoy! :)

Mike

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT..What an interesting bio..Looking forward to your posts..

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome
Never move back to move forward
kosho