angels

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Occam's Razor.

*Thread Gank*

Started a new thread on the discussion of Occam's Razor. Thanks Heretic888!

Back to angels.

I always say I have guardian angels, so I guess I am a believer in them. I don't know if they really exist or not and truthfully I don't care. They make me feel better. My guardian angels are those people whom I have loved and lost and it makes me feel better believing that they are still with me in someway, looking out for my best interests and well being. It helps me accept the loss I feel and I am okay with that.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I personally don't see how one can get through life without having some kind of faith in someone or something!
There is a lot that we don't understand, can't fully prove, and there are no guarrantees that you will even wake up the next morning after you go to sleep! It would seem difficult to need absolute proof in everything that you do before you make a move!
I suspect that more people actually operate on faith, at times, than they realize.

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
all depends what one calls an angel..
for a while now, i have considered angels to be personifications of natural powers or metaphysical concepts. in this sense, angels could be seen as something nonphysical...i dont know if it is possible to see something that is nonphysical.
i also cannot see my own soul or the pain of another human...the best i could do is try to feel or empathize.

also, considering the position of such angels, the classic ideas of angel may be misleading...maybe also there could be many levels of angels from personal to archetypal. just like a government authority some might not be able to judge well but simply separate a from b...
of course, as it says in judaism, that man is part of god, we have the abililty to choose whoever or whatever we trust.

j

Latest Discussions