and the worst rock band in history is...

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have to say anything Nirvana and beyond is pretty much talentless. Too much top 40 crap. No particular band is the worse but the thing is this....Nickelback comes to mind.

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have to say anything Nirvana and beyond is pretty much talentless. Too much top 40 crap. No particular band is the worse but the thing is this....Nickelback comes to mind.

YES. That band is super trash.

However, it makes me think of 30 Seconds to Mars.

Jared Leto. 'Nuff said.

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ya know, I don't want to scare you guys, but some of these bands are touring again.

They can call themselves the Alter Cockers Band.

Aefibird

Green Belt
Reaction score
1. Insane Clown Posse- Metal + Gangster Rap+ JNCO Jeans= Horrible, ignorant noise. Marylin Manson's adrodgynous, goth-Bowie persona is more genuine than ICP's insecure, pre-pubescent (yet over 35) image.

Got it in one. Truly awful and what they produce is as far removed from music as a Big Mac is from healthy eating.

I'll also agree with the Coldplay suggestion. Over-rated and get waaaaaay too much air time for their drivel, which is outrageous considering there's far better bands playing in grotty back-street pubs and clubs who will never get even a 10th of the exposure that Coldplay get.

Can I also throw in the suggestion of Arctic Monkeys (the working class "one of the lads" act doesn't make up for the fact that you can't sing. Or play. Or write a decent lyric).

(Dis)honourable mentions also to The Killers, Babyshambles, The Libertines, Scouting For Girls and Kaiser Chiefs ('I Predict A Riot' if you don't stop making such bloody awful music), oh, and of course - Creed.

Finally, Nickelback. Someone do us all a favour and ban them all from ever owing a musical instrument again. Oh, and give whatshisface the lead singer a haircut as he looks like a poodle.

Last edited:

strikesubmit

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i'm probably going to get alot of crap for this (which isn't very wise considering i'm a newbie here on the MT forums)...but i just have to throw in Radiohead.

i know, they aren't entirely a "rock" band...but i just had to say it. i never could quite "get" their music. just seems to drone for me.

but that's just my humble opinion. i'm gonna go hide now....

OP
jarrod

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
even though i like some of radiohead's music, they are WAY overrated by the music media. still, they haven't had the far-reaching effects that creed has.

jf

Aefibird

Green Belt
Reaction score
even though i like some of radiohead's music, they are WAY overrated by the music media.

Indeed. They're alright but nowhere near deserving of the column inches they get or have had.

It's as if for certain bands/artists that the media sees them through special filtered spectacles that the rest of us don't have access to; kind of like a "rose tinted glasses" treatment for certain mediocre-to-average bands that pushes them up to the top of the media-frenzy list.

Coldplay are another band like that, along with Scouting For Girls and (on occasions) Franz Ferdinand.

OP
jarrod

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
i agree; coldplay & FF are catchy, decent pop bands & nothing more. i think radiohead is an indie rock band that is just mainstream enough to sell lots of records. so it's kinda like the music critcs get to feel like part of the clicky elitest indie rock set while still writing about a band that people have actually heard of.

jf

Latest Discussions