And I'm Bummed Work Ruined My Training...Again.

Tenacious_Red

Orange Belt
Reaction score
So it's Saturday night, and I'm coming to the realization I just had my last class in Shaolin, as work and life has been rearranged. I'm super bummed, and I think this is reason to retire early and publish my book so I can live in the mountains and train like the recluse I'm ok being. Sometimes I feel like I should just stop and stick with a 24 hour gym that teaches some lame cardio karate class and forget goals...but I don't like giving up. Ugh...any suggestions on how to cope? If I switch, I can go to an MMA gym for Muay Thai or Greg Jackson's MMA, but they are pretentious, and no offense, all of my super high on testosterone coworkers go there so they can sport the logo and pride...it's just not for me, plus I like to have a sanctuary from everyone with like minded spirits. Has anyone chose to train at a not personal favorable place, but with a decent reputation and had a good experience?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speak to your instructors in Shaolin, if you enjoyed it. They might be able to find a way to work with your schedule. For example, if a student has proved themselves to me to a certain point, I'll be happy to work out a schedule that's mutually workable for us to train together.

Latest Discussions