Ancient Archery competition

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds like it would have been a great event to get to watch.

That was a large number of competitors, I am happy that so many people take an interest in such events.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Would your training in the martial arts exclude you from joining the archers or is it that you do not have time for both?

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would your training in the martial arts exclude you from joining the archers or is it that you do not have time for both?

It's the time sadly, they have their club night on Wednesday when I teach a class.
Incidentally Scorton during the war had an airfield which housed two American Air Force Squadrons 422nd and 425th Night Fighter Sqns flying P16s. They arrived in May 1944. After D Day they went to France.
Memories are long around here so they haven't been forgotten.

David Weatherly

Black Belt
Reaction score
Nice, thanks for the link. I shot all the time, in fact l'm looking at getting another new bow. Can you really have too many weapons...nah.

David

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
wow, that is very cool. I love archery, altho I don't have much time to get out and shoot. I've got a couple of nice bows that don't get the kind of use that they deserve, I'm afraid.

Never competed nor hunted with archery, but I've enjoyed shooting since I was young. I still have the bow that I learned on, it's a very simple 60# fiberglass straight bow that my Dad got when he was a kid, and he passed it on to me since none of my brothers ever took up the skill. I think it must be 50 years old or so, and it still shoots fine.

I upgraded a couple years ago, I've got a couple recurves now that I really like, but I still shoot my Dad's old bow as well. Kind of nostalgic for it, I guess.

Latest Discussions